O2 City Hall Newcastle and Lost Tickets

L

Lexingtongue

I know someone who has tickets for a show there tonight. Being first class intellects, they haven't bothered to check on their tickets until today, the day of the show. They can now no longer remember where to find them. The tickets were bought through viagogo who can't replace the tickets as they were printed and sent by the venue themselves. The venue is currently shut and cannot be contacted. Their Twitter account isn't responding to my query on their behalf. The person in question has email proof of the tickets being purchased and ID and whatever. If they were to go to the venue tonight and provide all this, how likely are they to be given replacement tickets? Anyone have any idea how the venue handles situations like this?

why on earth did “they” buy through Viagogo when it isn’t even sold out?
Because they're absolutely clueless in all regards, as evidenced by the fact that they can't even recall where they put £60+ worth of tickets. And it's not me, I'd like to think I have a little bit more about me than being a James Morrison fan. That was a hurtful low blow.
The box office will surely be open this evening. It’s worth a try

why on earth did “they” buy through Viagogo when it isn’t even sold out?

enjoy James Morrison mate
I've just found out how much they paid for tickets via that site considering there are tickets still available and I'm shocked and pretty f***ing angry, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because they're absolutely clueless in all regards, as evidenced by the fact that they can't even recall where they put £60+ worth of tickets. And it's not me, I'd like to think I have a little bit more about me than being a James Morrison fan. That was a hurtful low blow.

I've just found out how much they paid for tickets via that site considering there are tickets still available and I'm shocked and pretty f***ing angry, actually.
Go on...

they are £44 on the venue site

Go on...

they are £44 on the venue site
£141 for two tickets. I'm incredulous. Lost my shit at them which hasn't helped matters. Apparently o2 are good for letting in with lost tickets, but with buying through them? I've encouraged them to attempt it at least, considering how much they've f***ing paid.

No joy. They went and were refused entry. Their social media accounts aren't manned on weekends it seems. A simple message from someone could have saved them the wasted time on top of the original rank stupidity.

That's particularly harsh when the gig isn't sold out.
They can have no complaint, but it's mad in this day and age they had to chance a drive through there because there was literally no one from the business available to answer a simple question. Tried phone, Twitter, Facebook, you name it.
After buying from touts?
That's the thing, isn't it. Literally any other site and they'd have probably got in.

They can have no complaint, but it's mad in this day and age they had to chance a drive through there because there was literally no one from the business available to answer a simple question. Tried phone, Twitter, Facebook, you name it.
Despite their fuckwittery they had proof of purchase and the venue could've asked them to come back just before the show and allocated them any empty seats.

Back