O’Sullivan v Trump The Final. Quest and Eurosport from 1pm

He is one of the few that can do it aye, apart from Selby and possibly John Higgins I would put him as the top safety player in the modern game
There was never going to be much safety in this match. It’s just not the style displayed by both players in their careers

In fact looking back the first frame was huge. Ronnie was in with a 64, missed, Trump cleared up to the brown, which he left in a 75/25% shot into the yellow pocket, with the rest, by Ronnie missed and Trump took the frame

Exactly

There was never going to be much safety in this match. It’s just not the style displayed by both players in their careers

In fact looking back the first frame was huge. Ronnie was in with a 64, missed, Trump cleared up to the brown, which he left in a 75/25% shot into the yellow pocket, with the rest, by Ronnie missed and Trump took the frame

Exactly

Will have a look.

Ronnie has done the safety in the past when he needed to, especially in the World ch. Mark Williams reckons Ronnie is the best safety player in the business and he knows a thing or two.

But after I heard his interview after the Selby match I suspected he would not do it for the final, he said he feels like he has only a couple of seasons left in snooker and just wants to enjoy his snooker going for it and not worrying too much about results.

Will have a look.

Ronnie has done the safety in the past when he needed to, especially in the World ch. Mark Williams reckons Ronnie is the best safety player in the business and he knows a thing or two.

But after I heard his interview after the Selby match I suspected he would not do it for the final, he said he feels like he has only a couple of seasons left in snooker and just wants to enjoy his snooker going for it and not worrying too much about results.
One thing he did not do, was break off, going inside the blue, to the opposite pack edge. Too much respect for Trump for that malarkey

One thing he did not do, was break off, going inside the blue, to the opposite pack edge. Too much respect for Trump for that malarkey

As for Trump, a fantastic talent, but if he wants to win the World ch he needs to add something to his game, going for every shot on the table everytime just wont do it.

He seems more interested in amassing century breaks than streetfighting when required.

As for Trump, a fantastic talent, but if he wants to win the World ch he needs to add something to his game, going for every shot on the table everytime just wont do it.

He seems more interested in amassing century breaks than streetfighting when required.
His post match interview, he has been practising 8 hours a day with his brother and just was over the moon, to prove a few critics wrong. He feels at his age 28, he has a pretty decent record for those in that age bracket today.

December 1st the uk champs start on Eurosport and bbc so that would be a decent thing to follow up with

Can’t wait to give that break off a go. Looks mental!
He played it well a few times after, when done correctly it did open the reds, with the cue ball going to the middle of the baulk cushion, safe.

He said after though that at times, the black gets tied up

His post match interview, he has been practising 8 hours a day with his brother and just was over the moon, to prove a few critics wrong. He feels at his age 28, he has a pretty decent record for those in that age bracket today.

December 1st the uk champs start on Eurosport and bbc so that would be a decent thing to follow up with

At 28 yes his future is bright.

Back