O’Nien to Wycombe

1. We couldn't afford the transfer fee .
This for me. Our budget gap in the event of promotion has been mentioned plenty. The same applies to other clubs. It's not like going up to the Premier League where all of a sudden there's an extra £100m to play with.

His attitude is class, he will progress and he is not someone we can afford to let go at the moment. But if someone offers £750k we will be lifting up our skirt and off he'll go.
No one outside the PL or PP spenders are gonna be offering £750ks around for a while. Rabbit away if they are.

We need to be building for the future. Add a little of bit of power and experience to Willis, Hume, O’Nien, Dobson, Embleton, Gooch, Pye, Mumba, Stephenson, McConnel, Greenwood, Hugill, Kiernan, Young, Would, Spencer, Hewitson...

....if Wycombe get promoted to the Championship?

Can you see Wycombe coming in for him?
Also, would Luke be tempted with the move?
Is this another Clenk "manufactured " question to cheer us all up! .....or a genuine link from somewhere? hmmm

Why? They sold him because they knew what was being offered was far above what he was worth.

That might sound harsh, but it's not my intention. O'Nien is a fairly steady lower-league midfielder that adds a bit of everything without ever excelling at anything. Given the quality coming out of most Premier League academies that's not a hard thing to find these days.
Funny we've never managed to find any then, those we've brought in have made no contribution whatsoever. FTM

Funny we've never managed to find any then, those we've brought in have made no contribution whatsoever. FTM
So just because Tony Coton and those in charge can't find them means they don't exist?

The club had one of them in Ovie Ejaria, who's ripped up the Championship, but they had no patience with him. Cameron Brannagan, Liam Walsh, they've both excelled in this division this season after leaving big clubs temporarily and for good. Herbie Kane has done it in League One and the Championship now.

There's a lot of talent in the U23s. I know it might infuriate some, but Rotherham nicked Dan Barlaser from Newcastle on loan and they got promoted. I'm not advocating asking them for players, but the club's scouting system is in absolutely no way a geared up to spot young talent. They paid money for a recently relegated captain in George Dobson and expected him to earn promotion.

Regardless of what kind of wages he's on or maybe he is being offered if he prefers Wycombe wanderers to Sunderland then let him go... No one in their right mind should choose Wycombe over Sunderland end of ...

If they gave us a decent price i’d sell him and buy a natural and more solid right back. Great enthusiasm but he isn’t a right back and haven’t seen much to suggest he’s good enough for central midfield for us.

The issue with your comment is you think we’ll buy someone. Our soul destroying, wish they were dead owners will not spend, they’ll just pocket any cash from sales.

As much as I like O’Nein (I think he’s a class act character and has exactly the the type of mentality we need at the club at this time), the only players I would be concerned about losing are those we could take into the championship. Willis and maybe Hume (since he is still learning) seem to be the only players I would take issue with losing.
Not Gooch?

Back