O’Nien to Wycombe

....if Wycombe get promoted to the Championship?

Can you see Wycombe coming in for him?
Also, would Luke be tempted with the move?
If they gave us a decent price i’d sell him and buy a natural and more solid right back. Great enthusiasm but he isn’t a right back and haven’t seen much to suggest he’s good enough for central midfield for us.

As much as I like O’Nein (I think he’s a class act character and has exactly the the type of mentality we need at the club at this time), the only players I would be concerned about losing are those we could take into the championship. Willis and maybe Hume (since he is still learning) seem to be the only players I would take issue with losing.
O9 would deffo make the championship

As much as I like O’Nein (I think he’s a class act character and has exactly the the type of mentality we need at the club at this time), the only players I would be concerned about losing are those we could take into the championship. Willis and maybe Hume (since he is still learning) seem to be the only players I would take issue with losing.
His attitude is class, he will progress and he is not someone we can afford to let go at the moment. But if someone offers £750k we will be lifting up our skirt and off he'll go.

His attitude is class, he will progress and he is not someone we can afford to let go at the moment. But if someone offers £750k we will be lifting up our skirt and off he'll go.
Exactly, he is an extremely important part of the squad at this point in time. Personally, I’d love to see another right back come in so we could see him back in midfield for a number of games. His attitude is One of the best if not the best in the squad.

Why? They sold him because they knew what was being offered was far above what he was worth.

That might sound harsh, but it's not my intention. O'Nien is a fairly steady lower-league midfielder that adds a bit of everything without ever excelling at anything. Given the quality coming out of most Premier League academies that's not a hard thing to find these days.

He's not good enough for the Championship for me. He's a decent solid player at this level like.
Why? They sold him because they knew what was being offered was far above what he was worth.

That might sound harsh, but it's not my intention. O'Nien is a fairly steady lower-league midfielder that adds a bit of everything without ever excelling at anything. Given the quality coming out of most Premier League academies that's not a hard thing to find these days.

Careful mate! The Luke O'Nien 100%, he's a nice lad brigade will have you hanging from a lamppost.

As an ecstatic wycombe fan , I would simply love it if he came back to us .
However.
It will never happen for the following reasons : -
1. We couldn't afford the transfer fee .
2. We couldn't afford his wages .
3. Despite our respective league positions , Sunderland are obviously the bigger club with the bigger potential , and he wants to play a major part in bringing glory back to you - Luke loves playing for you and being part of your community.

I wish Luke all the best and all Wycombe fans have nothing but love and admiration for him , and personally I'm glad , and proud that he's been able to further his career with such a giant of a club , and therefore coming back to Wycombe , even if we get promoted , would be a backward step for the lad .
Best wishes for Luke and yourselves next season, hopefully with better leadership at the top level you can get back where you belong .

We knocked back Luton, last summer, they bid £1.5m for him (we wanted £2m). Can see us selling for £20 now.

The irony of this situation is that Wycombe probably cant afford to play in the Championship without fans, and for that reason alone I hope they win the play offs and are forced to.

I think I am right in saying they are one of the clubs who voted to end our chances of playing football to decide who goes up?

The difference in solidarity payments (from the PL) alone, would probably cover the full season for them without fans. Doesn't mean they'd be a roaring success like, but they likely wouldn't be in financial bother.

As an ecstatic wycombe fan , I would simply love it if he came back to us .
However.
It will never happen for the following reasons : -
1. We couldn't afford the transfer fee .
2. We couldn't afford his wages .
3. Despite our respective league positions , Sunderland are obviously the bigger club with the bigger potential , and he wants to play a major part in bringing glory back to you - Luke loves playing for you and being part of your community.

I wish Luke all the best and all Wycombe fans have nothing but love and admiration for him , and personally I'm glad , and proud that he's been able to further his career with such a giant of a club , and therefore coming back to Wycombe , even if we get promoted , would be a backward step for the lad .
Best wishes for Luke and yourselves next season, hopefully with better leadership at the top level you can get back where you belong .
But your club voted not to play out the season,so do one.
No point clubs like yours going up,can’t sustain it.

None of this lot are irreplaceable. I presumed he has his head turned already by someone as he was poor in the games before the season ended.
I don't think he was. It was more a fact that the rest of the side had caught up to him fitness wise. So as he wasn't the only one that could run around for 90 minutes didn't stand out as much. Still one of our top 4 or 5 players mind.

Back