Numeric GCSE Grades

My son has just done his mocks and we convert them to the old letter grading. Maybe we old fuckers just need time to get used to them eh?

It's a deliberate attempt to make it impossible to compare exam results over an extended period. It's so the Tory party can hide the impact of years of underfunding and their disasterous reforms. How are you going to prove that academisation hasn't been a roaring success?

It's a deliberate attempt to make it impossible to compare exam results over an extended period. It's so the Tory party can hide the impact of years of underfunding and their disasterous reforms. How are you going to prove that academisation hasn't been a roaring success?

I haven’t compared annual results personally, but haven’t grades been improving (that’s not a measure of better educated kids by any means) for years now?

This old git remembers that CSE's were graded 1 to 5 and O levels were graded A to E. If you completely failed you were given U for ungraded.

They were then merged into GCSE sometime in the 1980's I think.

This old git remembers that CSE's were graded 1 to 5 and O levels were graded A to E. If you completely failed you were given U for ungraded.

They were then merged into GCSE sometime in the 1980's I think.

Indeed, with the CSE grade 1 supposedly equivalent to O Level grade C. Maybe they're finally admitting that the GCSE is basically just a renamed CSE instead if the merging of the 2 it was supposed to be.

Back