NUFC/Sportswashing - Summer 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably thinks MBS sits at home humming Local Hero.
No, I don't think he could point to Newcastle on a map.

Skylon on the other hand thinks he's personally overseeing the pro Pride month tweets sent out by the club
Of course it's hampered them. They would be hampered even more if vile ****s like you weren't helping them.
If it wasn't for Newcastle fans going to the match, how different would the world be in your opinion? How much would middle eastern culture have changed for the better?

Last edited:

Dishonesty is one of the main recurring traits of the mag supporter recently.

Here we see a variation of the 'nothing to do with me, I just support the team.. we can't help who owns us' stance being adopted once more.

When this takeover first raised its head a couple of years ago, there was widespread agreement that Saudi Arabia were buying the club because if they were associated with a winning football team in the west, it might draw attention away from their human rights abuses, support for terrorism, war on Yemen, and all round deserved pariah status in the aftermath of Khashoggi's murder.

From the mag's point of view, the offer from the Saudis was a simple one: 'act like normal supporters, clap and cheer at the appropriate times, never criticise us, and in return we will deliver you a load of superstars and trophies'. Could a sportswashing project succeed if the fans weren’t on board, if they constantly protested against it? Probably not imo. And its a revolting distortion of what a football club should be and what it should mean to support your team. German fans are understandably disgusted and don't even want their players on the same pitch as such a club, but everyone with even a passing interest in football is appalled to some degree.

Consequently, there was a widespread assumption that many decent mags would be against the deal. Who would want to degrade themselves by supporting a project like that? We have all watched in amazement as, not only has nearly every mag fan supported the deal, but they have utterly disgraced themselves with the most hysterical and horrendous behaviour - pretending their mental health has been destroyed, signing petitions glorifying bin Salman, abusing widows, celebrating the henchman of a despot, intimidating local Yemenis and so on. When you see the average mag these days you find yourself asking 'who are these people? what is wrong with them?'

And that amazement turned to anger in my case when we saw local MPs (some of them based in Durham and Sunderland) regurgitating the mag supporter's lies in the most disgraceful way.

But, that isn't all. It looks that all might not be what it seems with this takeover. You have shamelessly bowed down before your new Saudi overlords in the most degrading and pathetic way possible, but it seems that they might not be ready to uphold their end of the deal. Where are all the new superstars and the investment in the region? Have you really done all this for Chris Wood and Dan Burn?

I really hope you end up rolling around the bottom end of the table come the end of this season - there will never ever have been a group of supporters who deserved disappointment more, and the whole of football will rejoice. You are an absolute disgrace and you know you are too, no matter what dishonest position you might profess to hold on the matter.
In their defence the poor dears are the most Sportswashed fans in history bar none.

To truly understand we have to take Football out the equation as love of the game is the very thing used to blind them (and us).

Newcastle, like the rest of the NE is fucked up after 13 years of Tory Austerity followed by Brexit, Covid, Ukraine, Energy price hikes etc etc

Fastest rising child poverty, highest insolvency rates, highest male suicide rates… and the Saudis leveraged it all.

Chi Onwurah’s dramatic change in tone and Pat Ritchie writing a letter to the EPL saying PFI would “make a real difference to the lives of disadvantaged children”.

The cherry on the cake was MBS sending word to Boris that he’d better hurry up the process or they won’t buy the UK arms they use to kill innocent kids. Hypocrisy at it’s finest.

I've answered the first question many times on here.

Here's a club value that directly contradicts Saudi Arabian culture: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion

Now, can you find me anything that says NUFC support any of the Saudi human rights abuses?
The club has owners that kill kids, kill homosexuals, marries kids? Pretty much makes them 'club values' a bit of a joke, don't you think.So the diversity, equality thing goes for everyone but your owners? the club doesn't really have these values, does it? Just worthless words on a sportswashing website. Now, come on, why did they buy nufc. This is gonna be funny as f#ck

The club has owners that kill kids, kill homosexuals, marries kids? Pretty much makes them 'club values' a bit of a joke, don't you think.So the diversity, equality thing goes for everyone but your owners? the club doesn't really have these values, does it? Just worthless words on a sportswashing website. Now, come on, why did they buy nufc. This is gonna be funny as f#ck
Answered it many times, including a few posts up. They bought the club in an effort to sportswash their reputation and increase their global image, they're attempting to increase tourism as a way to diversify their wealth away from oil
So not responding to what I said. Unsurprisingly.

I know someone senior in that very area.
Get them on

Answered it many times, including a few posts up. They bought the club in an effort to sportswash their reputation and increase their global image, they're attempting to increase tourism as a way to diversify their wealth away from oil

Get them on
What do you mean ,their 'reputation?'

Christ almighty. What a bore
Ha ha ha ha. Dunno how you dare. No, it's just further up the page you said you didn't think the takeover had anything to do with the human rights abuses as they have went on for hundreds of years, and now your saying the takeover was to sportswash its 'reputation'. Its reputation for what? Come on, tie yer self in more knots, you weak minded fool
Yes, you are.

Sima.
He is a funny one. Ties himself in knots, then says we can't muster a decent argument. And to call other people a bore, shows a total lack of self awareness

Last edited:
Ha ha ha ha. Dunno how you dare. No, it's just further up the page you said you didn't think the takeover had anything to do with the human rights abuses as they have went on for hundreds of years, and now your saying the takeover was to sportswash its 'reputation'. Its reputation for what? Come on, tie yer self in more knots, you weak minded fool

He is a funny one. Ties himself in knots, then says we can't muster a decent argument. And to call other people a bore, shows a total lack of self awareness
Tie myself in knots? How's that?

Read my posts again, there's no contradiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back