NUFC - November/December

We'll stop when he does. :lol:

If he was some elite manager who would deliver untold glories, do you think we'd give a toss that he used to manage you lot? Him managing sunderland is a f***ing irrelevance. He's just not very inspiring, not very ambititous, not very good.

Looking forward to your next excuse when he finishes on more points than Rafa did. See how good he is then shall we
Its still very early to be making a call on Bruce for good or ill.

Agree but he’s getting a lot of undeserved stick and it’s good to see him proving the doubters wrong

Last edited:

Looking forward to your next excuse when he finishes on more points than Rafa did. See how good he is then shall we

Agree but he’s getting a lot of undeserved stick and it’s good to see him proving the doubters wrong

He' clearly a likeable guy so you want to see him treated well, but football management is like politics. The job almost always ends in failure and scorn. I get the impression Bruce has a thick skin, but hope when he does leave it's on decent terms.

Objectively, Bruce is an uninspiring appointment for a Premier League side these days, and going from a much-loved manager to an uninspiring one is always going to result in opposition. If Bruce turns out more performances like Tottenham, Man Utd, Bournemouth and West Ham, and fewer performances like Norwich, Leicester, Brighton and Watford, he'll be given the credit that deserves.

If he consistently outperforms Benitez then he of course deserves credit. But honestly, the revisionism on here is baffling. Bruce's been called out for his limitations on here, but purely because the Newcastle fans lauded his predeccesor, Bruce's ability is being exagerrated.

Objectively, Bruce is an uninspiring appointment for a Premier League side these days, and going from a much-loved manager to an uninspiring one is always going to result in opposition. If Bruce turns out more performances like Tottenham, Man Utd, Bournemouth and West Ham, and fewer performances like Norwich, Leicester, Brighton and Watford, he'll be given the credit that deserves.

If he consistently outperforms Benitez then he of course deserves credit. But honestly, the revisionism on here is baffling. Bruce's been called out for his limitations on here, but purely because the Newcastle fans lauded his predeccesor, Bruce's ability is being exagerrated.
Don't think anyone has exaggerated Bruce's ability, everyone on here has told you Bruce normally starts off well before it turns to shit.
The only person whos ability has been exaggerated is the fat waiter. What he done donkeys years ago as no bearing on the job he did at Newcastle which was average at best.

But honestly, the revisionism on here is baffling. Bruce's been called out for his limitations on here, but purely because the Newcastle fans lauded his predeccesor, Bruce's ability is being exagerrated.
This is mag revisionism at its finest.
No one has said Bruce is good, what has been said is his record stands up favourably to comparison with Benitez's at your club so far.

Don't think anyone has exaggerated Bruce's ability, everyone on here has told you Bruce normally starts off well before it turns to shit.
The only person whos ability has been exaggerated is the fat waiter. What he done donkeys years ago as no bearing on the job he did at Newcastle which was average at best.
Winning the Championship is not an average job. Finishing top half with one of the smaller transfer outlays in the Premier League is not an average job. Your bias insists that it must be, but it's not. Why were the media praising him, why were pundits? It seems the only football fans that thought he wasn't doing a good job have allowed their rivalry to blind themselves from what is self evident.

Winning the Championship is not an average job. Finishing top half with one of the smaller transfer outlays in the Premier League is not an average job. Your bias insists that it must be, but it's not. Why were the media praising him, why were pundits? It seems the only football fans that thought he wasn't doing a good job have allowed their rivalry to blind themselves from what is self evident.
Winning the Championship is nowt special we've had countless managers do that.
Finishing 10th and 13th is pretty average, decent, ok (call it what you want).
What he wasn't was world class or a miracle worker like you lot and the mag media make him out to be.

Winning the Championship is nowt special we've had countless managers do that.
Finishing 10th and 13th is pretty average, decent, ok (call it what you want).
What he wasn't was world class or a miracle worker like you lot and the mag media make him out to be.
There are relatively few who've managed to get promoted from the Championship, fewer still to do it at the first time of asking, even fewer actually going up as Champions. You dismiss Benitez' achievements because he's well liked by Newcastle fans.

Man United finishing 10th would be bad, Cardiff finishing 10th would be amazing. Context, isn't it?

There are relatively few who've managed to get promoted from the Championship, fewer still to do it at the first time of asking, even fewer actually going up as Champions. You dismiss Benitez' achievements because he's well liked by Newcastle fans.

Man United finishing 10th would be bad, Cardiff finishing 10th would be amazing. Context, isn't it?
So what's Newcastle finishing 10th then?

Think some on here want him to do better than Benitez, just because Newcastle fans showed more support for Benitez than they have done for Bruce. If Bruce does better than Benitez (by whatever metric and whatever context), some of your fellow Sunderland fans will gleefuly declare that Newcastle fans are idiots for supporting Benitez.
I don't see it like that. I don't like or rate Bruce from his time at Sunderland or when I look at his overall management career. Bruce is a dinosaur compared to his premier league peers. He lacks attention to detail and tactical nouse. Benitez comes across very analytical , professional and knows how to set a team up to be hard to beat. If he was to talk about football I would listen. If Bruce was to talk about football I would switch off. To be honest
Benitez and Bruce shouldn't be compared or even mentioned in the same breath if you are talking about football management. Bruce has been fortunate to have solid foundations from the way Benitez had you organised and well drilled. Right now you are still benefiting from that but it will erode over time. Wait till you see a proper Steve Bruce team. Your impending demise.

So what's Newcastle finishing 10th then?
With those players, in the manner in which Newcastle achieved it? A f***ing good job, done well.

Context, isn't it?
I don't see it like that. I don't like or rate Bruce from his time at Sunderland or when I look at his overall management career. Bruce is a dinosaur compared to his premier league peers. He lacks attention to detail and tactical nouse. Benitez comes across very analytical , professional and knows how to set a team up to be hard to beat. If he was to talk about football I would listen. If Bruce was to talk about football I would switch off. To be honest
Benitez and Bruce shouldn't be compared or even mentioned in the same breath if you are talking about football management. Bruce has been fortunate to have solid foundations from the way Benitez had you organised and well drilled. Right now you are still benefiting from that but it will erode over time. Wait till you see a proper Steve Bruce team. Your impending demise.
Agree with all of this.
Give over man, managers have been doing it every year.
And how many have failed every year? More or fewer than those who succeed?

Last edited:

Back