NUFC - November/December

The mags hate Bruce because he doesn't fit the superstar manager that their big clerb deserves.
(I realise my post may fall into the mag trap but 99% of football fans know what I mean)

Nobody i know hates him. Just a massively underwhelming appointment based on his extremely poor record as a manager.
But people are enjoying the fact he, amd therefore the team, is doing well. Don't think anybody expects him to do very well so it's a pleasant surprise so far.
Personally thought we were nailed on for relegation with him. Still possible. Also said I hope he does better than Benitez. I don't think he will, but I won't be unhappy if he does.

No. That would be daft.
If you're unhappy with your situation, just because somebody is worse off doesn't mean you can't be unhappy. It's like saying why would Sunderland fans be unhappy when Bolton have got it worse?

Think of Arsenal in the final days of Wenger. They'd not won the league in over 10 years, hadn't properly challenged either, but champions league qualification was just standard for them. Granted, most clubs would snap your hands off for champions league every year, but for them it was the same every year, finish top 4, not get past the last 16 of the champions league, they wanted better.
Every fan wants better for their club, unless they're performing at their absolute maximum.

No then?

:lol:

Forgive me if I ignore someone who’s posting history suggests they struggle to tie their shoelaces in the morning with and his attempt to try to know what every Newcastle fan thinks.

Every player gets a fair crack of the whip these days.
Most mags can't see their shoe laces never mind tie them

Think some on here want him to do better than Benitez, just because Newcastle fans showed more support for Benitez than they have done for Bruce. If Bruce does better than Benitez (by whatever metric and whatever context), some of your fellow Sunderland fans will gleefuly declare that Newcastle fans are idiots for supporting Benitez.

We are well aware that the majority of Newcastle fans are idiot's.

Bruce winning the league wouldn't make a difference.

Bruce is a decent manager who should never have been sacked here.

Benitez was decent but over rated. He united the fans but his football was no better than Bruce’s. Same tactics and formation.

The fans should get behind Bruce and give him a chance, weird to keep fawning after Benitez. He’s gone and it’s time to move on. He’s clearly worried about his god like status because he’s talking about finishing the second half of the season 7th, almost undermining the job Bruce has done this season.

Bruce came in a few weeks before the season started so to be 2 points off 5th at this stage is a fantastic achievement. I do t think hel maintain this but no way they’ll get relegated this season and at the end of the day that’s the minimum expectation

The mags hate Bruce because he doesn't fit the superstar manager that their big clerb deserves.
(I realise my post may fall into the mag trap but 99% of football fans know what I mean)
Yeah, we hated Hughton. Couldn't stand the lad.

Benitez was decent but over rated. He united the fans but his football was no better than Bruce’s. Same tactics and formation.

The fans should get behind Bruce and give him a chance, weird to keep fawning after Benitez. He’s gone and it’s time to move on. He’s clearly worried about his god like status because he’s talking about finishing the second half of the season 7th, almost undermining the job Bruce has done this season.

Bruce came in a few weeks before the season started so to be 2 points off 5th at this stage is a fantastic achievement. I do t think hel maintain this but no way they’ll get relegated this season and at the end of the day that’s the minimum expectation
Bruce experimented with his own style/formations early on and we were pasted by Norwich. We're much improved since he reverted to the blueprint that Benitez used, with tweaks to factor in the different players now available.

I think it's fair to say the majority of fans were underwhelmed by Bruce's appointment, a sentiment I'm convinced would be shared by the majority of Premier League fans (anmd no doubt a decent number of Championship fans too). He's not an exciting appointment. He's not the focus of the fans' ire, that is Ashley. If Bruce's limitations start risking our Premier League status, or should we be endure performances like we saw against Norwich and Leicester, then he deserves critisim, just like he's deserved praise for the wins against Spurs, Man Utd, West Ham and Bournemouth.

Last edited:
Yeah, we hated Hughton. Couldn't stand the lad.

Bruce experimented with his own style/formations early on and we were pasted by Norwich. We're much improved since he reverted to the blueprint that Benitez used, with tweaks to factor in the different players now available.

I think it's fair to say the majority of fans were underwhelmed by Bruce's appointment, a sentiment I'm convinced would be shared by the majority of Premier League fans (anmd no doubt a decent number of Championship fans too). He's not an exciting appointment. He's not the focus of the fans' ire, that is Ashley. If Bruce's limitations start risking our Premier League status, or should we be endure performances like we saw against Norwich and Leicester, then he deserves critisim, just like he's deserved praise for the wins against Spurs, Man Utd, West Ham and Bournemouth.
What a croq of shite, stopped reading after "returned to the blueprint Benitez used"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair play to him though he tried something different and it didn't work, and realised with the squad he has that's probably the most suitable tactic, and it is producing results.

Fair play to him though he tried something different and it didn't work, and realised with the squad he has that's probably the most suitable tactic, and it is producing results.

But it’s not Benitez tactics , it’s a formation many PL teams use, Bruce unlike Benitez seems to let his players drop off and not press teams, unlike Benitez who used to do it against teams in and around him.Thats the biggest difference I’ve noticed this season.Being mid table at this point is way better than I thought after 2 weeks or so.

Tbf that's exactly what he's done. 3 centre halfs, giving up possesion, hitting on the break.

Its a funny old business. Most of my mates are Newcastle fans and they wont admit it but they don't get great satisfaction out of a Newcastle win because they had completely went down the line of Rafa being the sole reason why this 'shower of shite' could stay up. They were massively overachieving because of Rafa and it would obviously all go tits up when the genius goes and a nugget like Bruce comes in. I'm almost enjoying Newcastle winning just for their reaction.

Its a funny old business. Most of my mates are Newcastle fans and they wont admit it but they don't get great satisfaction out of a Newcastle win because they had completely went down the line of Rafa being the sole reason why this 'shower of shite' could stay up. They were massively overachieving because of Rafa and it would obviously all go tits up when the genius goes and a nugget like Bruce comes in. I'm almost enjoying Newcastle winning just for their reaction.

No you aren’t, you hate it.

Back