NUFC/Sportwashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

My understanding is that "Tyke" is a genetic nickname for a Yorkshireman.
You're correct that Barnsley are "The Tykes" but I think you can get away with calling Leeds that too.
Particularly as it also means "youngsters" and Leeds have a young team.

Although I've never heard Bradford, Huddersfield or Sheffield clubs referred to as the Tykes mind.

In football terms, only Barnsley are the Tykes, but you are right. It's a generic nickname for Yorkshiremen (among many others!)

Huddersfield are the Terriers. But my mate who follows them is a Tyke.

I have no idea what the accepted name for a Leeds fan is. I suspect this board has a few colourful ones!
Mike Ashley is the person stopping them from ending up like that, he's not spunking money they can't afford on shite. A portion of their support are completely unaware of the irony of that article.

Logon or register to see this image

Someone is spunking the money they can afford on shit though. Joelinton, Almiron, Fraser....

If I was Ashley I'd be raging at that.

Last edited:
In football terms, only Barnsley are the Tykes, but you are right. It's a generic nickname for Yorkshiremen (among many others!)

I have no idea what the accepted name for a Leeds fan is. I suspect this board has a few colourful ones!

Someone is spunking the money they can afford on shit though. Joelinton, Almiron, Fraser....

Ashley sanctioned the Joelinton deal and Fraser was a free.

He has very seldom put the right people in the right roles, which is strange for such a successful businessman.

He has very seldom put the right people in the right roles, which is strange for such a successful businessman.
it was Ashley/recruiting team that wanted Joelinton wasn’t it? Rafa didn’t want him and Bruce just said aye.

Fraser must have engineered himself a decent signing on fee and wages by refusing to play for Bournemouth and get a free.

Bournemouth fans hate him but seem ok with Wilson. Unlikely to happen but they would love you lot down whilst they get promoted.

it was Ashley/recruiting team that wanted Joelinton wasn’t it? Rafa didn’t want him and Bruce just said aye.
That's what was widely reported aye.
Fraser must have engineered himself a decent signing on fee and wages by refusing to play for Bournemouth and get a free.

Bournemouth fans hate him but seem ok with Wilson. Unlikely to happen but they would love you lot down whilst they get promoted.
Aye Fraser stopped playing for fear of injury. He's never done a thing yet, injured lots and played out of position when he does play.

They may get their wish like

Last edited:

just shows what a patsy Bruce is. Anyone with backbone would have said howld up I’ll have that 40mill on players I want please. Mind Bruce would have been rubbing his hands together raiding Huddersfield and Norwich for all their relegated players 😂 no worse than big Jow like I suppose

The Joelinton deal is an obvious tax dodge. Fraser is shite. He runs NUFC sustainably. The only reason he will put you into administration is for spite after the way the fans treat him.

Can somebody tell them maybe its them who are in the wrong. The rest of the football world seems to know exactly where Newcastle United "place" is

Last edited:
That's what was widely reported aye.

Aye Fraser stopped playing for fear of injury. He's never done a thing yet, injured lots and played out of position when he does play.

They may get their wish like

Because the right people want to spend big and Newcastle's finances do not allow for that.

Exactly, it's a bit like Ellis Short because it's not their fault the person responsible for spending the clubs money is wasting it.

The Joelinton deal is an obvious tax dodge. Fraser is shite. He runs NUFC sustainably. The only reason he will put you into administration is for spite after the way the fans treat him.

Can somebody tell them maybe its them who are in the wrong. The rest of the football world seems to know exactly where Newcastle United "place" is

Hows it an obvious tax dodge?

Please bear in mind you’re talking to someone who has no idea about any accounting nuances so laymen’s terms would be appreciated

Is the delusion that bad? 🤣😂 There's no threat of the Mags going under at all without a takeover. They're probably one of the more comfortaly financed clubs aren't they?

I believe that Newcastle United are finally in the last chance saloon and without a takeover the club are on the verge of going under. Some might argue that it is hardly worth worrying about because we have no intention of competing anyway

Can you imagine what it would be like if they'd gone through the same as us in the last few seasons? In fact I can't imagine it as it would be on another level not yet seen in football given the way they go on now!

I've just had a quick look at their 2020 accounts. They had net assets of £20m, and the vast majority of their creditors are made up of money owed to Ashley and deferred income (ie a situation where they already have the cash in the bank, but the income for accounting purposes relates to the next financial year - it's a normal situation for a football club that sells season tickets, and we have a similar creditor in our accounts. There's zero chance of them going bust.

I've just had a quick look at their 2020 accounts. They had net assets of £20m, and the vast majority of their creditors are made up of money owed to Ashley and deferred income (ie a situation where they already have the cash in the bank, but the income for accounting purposes relates to the next financial year - it's a normal situation for a football club that sells season tickets, and we have a similar creditor in our accounts. There's zero chance of them going bust.
For us simpletons is he running the club sensibly?

They're just trying to paint him as a shit owner when in truth he is anything but.

Because the right people want to spend big and Newcastle's finances do not allow for that.
He was letting Dennis Wise sign players from YouTube. I would argue having the right people in the right jobs would save money as opposed to being more expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back