NUFC/Sportwashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off the top of my head :

premier league have a rainbow laces weekend…
Remembrance day…
FFP sanctions…
Wor Amanda objects to something…
Shearer criticises the club and gets his statue ripped down…

It’s not an exaggeration to say the lunatic leader of the consortium will not have his say about this. The man is a dictator and will never have not got his own way in his life.
People talk about Man City but they already had a lot in their favour with regards to rivalry with Man Utd and a strong academy setup . I mean they could get it right which would be unbearable but I really can’t see it

I can fully understand the mags huge ego today, we would be exactly the same
It’s not up to Newcastle to put the world to rights as no other country gives a shit about human rights in Saudi now anyway, so why should it be a problem now.
Hopefully they bankroll the club, it goes bust and Mike Ashley buys it back for 50p
Class how quickly they are guna piss on all other clubs now mind, doesn’t take long for the common sense to go out the window and the arrogance comes spilling out.

I’m a City fan, and in an absolute minority amongst us, but don’t like what the club has become - investment to compete is one thing, but winning because you have the best depth of quality is inevitable rather than achievement, and ultimately hollow.

Saudi Arabia are replacing Newcastle United, not investing in it. Any success belongs to them, and the fans are just along for the ride. They’ll probably bribe the local council like our owners have and secure land deals at shamelessly discounted rates, and their fans will lap it up like ours do because they’re so deprived of ‘success’; morality is soon abandoned by the desperate with dubious promises of prosperity

Hopefully the Super League does go ahead, allowing the remaining proper clubs to compete and legitimately have a chance of winning or qualifying for Europe without the sugar daddy clubs creating an elite league within the Premier League.
Dreaded that Super League all my life. Now I think it'd be the best thing that could happen to the rest of football. All the non-competitive leagues would become very competitive with a lot of clubs fancying it could be their year and all fans having hopes of 'one day' - a Leciester could be cemented and built on rather than being outgunned by richer clubs (most of the time pre-Abramovich I considered Chelsea and Leicester roughly the same) and anybody has a sniff at the cup. The leagues they left would be by far the most attractive and could become more popular and stronger for it

The old fashioned way was best, clubs with the most support had the most clout and invariably the better teams and success - but results dictated. Hated the feeling with Chelsea first that it didn't matter how much support we got, they could let people in for free and we couldn't compete with them.

Last edited:
I get why they are very excited, but they need to take a bit of a step back like. I’ve seen tweets saying they need to move from SJP if they get even a tiny bit of success as they will need a capacity approaching 80,000.

Although they are in a very strong position, in order to fully maximise the impact of their backers, they will desperately need to double (if not treble) revenue. Everton have spent hundreds of millions and now have to operate under constraint.
I wouldnt bother mate, they are sineing Mbappe

This is canny, you think the players are going to down tools because some of them won't be here next season? What do you think is more likely? Downing tools and getting relegated and being binned off to Derby or wherever. Or, working your bollocks on the off chance the manager wants to keep you around because you're a dependable pro?
I raise you
Rodwell

And yet they've spent £300m on new players since August last year.
There's a good article a bit further back in the thread comparing Everton and why they're having to stay within FFP while it looks like the likes of City and Chelsea don't.

Short answer is those clubs don't just ignore it, their ceiling is higher because they have far greater income from the Champions League, sponsor revenue (shady as some of it may be), and their academies churning out players who've never been near the first team for loan or sale. Man City made £11m from Sancho's move to Man Utd, for example. Not sure about this season but it's not long since Chelsea had 30+ players out on loan. They'll all be generating income.

As Everton are finding, having the money and spending it are two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back