NUFC/Sportwashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me, this is the sad reality of the takeover. The Wear/Tyne derby as we know it will be no more, reduced to Sunderland v State of Saudi.

One good thing though, how can they ever truly celebrate beating us again, but oh how we can take the piss when little old Sunderland win against the ‘richest club in the world’.....
Or France vs Saudi Arabia.

We've got a foreign owner too.

Richest club in the world ffs. Ridiculous. They are still greggs munching horse punchers. Get a grip mate. Ftm

They will definatley get relegated again this year wont they.

All the current squad will ease off as they will think they are on the way out, clubs will double asking prices in the January window.

Their last 5 games are horrific.

A stable situation under Ashley would have kept them up, but this will have a right negative effect on their squad.

For me, this is the sad reality of the takeover. The Wear/Tyne derby as we know it will be no more, reduced to Sunderland v State of Saudi.

One good thing though, how can they ever truly celebrate beating us again, but oh how we can take the piss when little old Sunderland win against the ‘richest club in the world’.....
Fuck that
at the end of the day when we play them again it will still be 11v11 and we will have every chance of beating them…..bring that day on …and sooner rather than later

I see Starmer was so uncomfortable sitting on the fence this morning when asked about it !?
Simply said their should have been an ‘independent’ enquiry into it !
He didn’t dare alienate his Labour heartland by saying what he really thought !
He was just ‘uncomfortable’ with it 🙄

They will definatley get relegated again this year wont they.

All the current squad will ease off as they will think they are on the way out, clubs will double asking prices in the January window.

Their last 5 games are horrific.

A stable situation under Ashley would have kept them up, but this will have a right negative effect on their squad.
I love your thinking.

Does it?

Like, does it really work? Do you think there are more or fewer people appalled at the Saudis since the takeover was first heard of 18 months ago?

Up until then I didn't see much outrage on here, or anywhere else really. It doesn't seem like Sportswashing is a great way to get people on side. Well, except for the small minority who support the club you've bought.
It's worked since Mussolini hosted the olympics - people like the city group wouldn't hoy money away if it didn't.

Been following this like everybody else, and a few points.

I was massively pissed off (jealous, yeh) when it first broke last summer and now its been confirmed.

The money is obviously just stupid and makes the 'Toon' believe owt is possible. FPP is a big constraint with this, they cant 'do a City' now. Realistically, on the pitch they are going to be competing with the likes of Villa Everton, Arsenal, West Ham, Leicester, Spurs, over the next few years. They will sign very good PL players, but the elite players want to play in the CL and win trophies. It'll take them years to be able to do that.

Yes, they will invest in smart recruitment, academy and infra but all well-run clubs do that now. We certainly do, finally.

The other thing also is that the elite of City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea aren't suddenly gonna stop challenging. The NE does suffer from being able to attract due to the location, and those clubs demand success as much as anybody, no matter how much money is on the table.

We need to focus on ourselves, and thankfully we have a really good ownership, access to billions ourselves, a clear structure and plan, and a really good set of young players who will only get better as we go up the leagues. If this was a year ago under CM/SD we'd all be suicidal. But it isn't.

**** the Mags. Haway me Bonny Lads. and ignore the media ****fest going on.
Excellent post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back