Nuclear Armageddon - Would we be told?

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Chizno1, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Yankee Mackem

Yankee Mackem Winger

I'm going to be told whether I like it or not when Byker explodes and I spend the rest of my life persued by zombi-like toxic mutants who spend their life in hoards clawing and groaning at shop windows.

2. I'm sure it happened in Hawaii recently, people got a message on their phones, revoked 20 minutes later

3. Gremlin

Gremlin Full Back

If all the local army lads get recalled to the barracks from the Tesco across the road I'll worry. If you're looking for half the British army - this time of day they'll all be by the sandwich meal deal chiller cabinet.

4. Dubai Si

Dubai Si Central Defender

Yes, so I can get stuck into the booze collection.

5. It depends. It might be useful to know (if you could) that you were on the edge of the blast radius and if you had time to get a couple of miles further you might escape with a really fuckoff tan.

Bishop Boy likes this.
  6. SAFCOldie

SAFCOldie Striker

Indeed USA, Canada & New Zealand have been testing 'text warnings' to every mobile these last few weeks !

PinzaC55 likes this.
  7. ajthemackem

ajthemackem Striker

Just give everyone a 30 minute warning so we can all get to the pub. That's all I ask.

Dubai Si and Bishop Boy like this.
  8. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

It would be breaking news.

9. bigmarlon

bigmarlon Central Defender

Nuclear war will never happen in our lifetime. Rhetoric aside, there isn't enough animosty to warrant launching a nuke. The only fuckers mad enough to drop one were America, and even they know now the moment they press that red button they're signing their own death warrant.

We can kill enough of ourselves with conventional bombs, nukes aren't necessary.

Besides, it's the solar flares you wanna worry about. If a flare knocks out the national grid we're fucked.

niceonemarra and DPTT like this.
  10. Kenna

Kenna Striker

The US recently tested their nuclear alert system built into phones, I imagine we have something similar.

11. Kent_Mackem

Kent_Mackem Striker

That's all assuming it would start intentionally.....

I'd be travelling towards the centre. Absolutely no way I would want to be around in a post-nuke nightmare.

12. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

I'd throw stones at it.

ravydavygravy and bigmarlon like this.
  13. Mr Redknapp

Mr Redknapp Striker

This place will out-live all of us :eek:

14. Old Prestonian

Old Prestonian Striker

In Hawaii, they received a text telling them they would die in 38 minutes. I'd rather not know.

15. MSC

MSC Winger

Nobody knows how bad it would be afterwards. It would actually be a great challenge attempting to rebuild civilization for a better future so that it would never happen again. Imo.

16. dcl0sc

dcl0sc Striker

Would guarantee BREXIT! Though I’m sure May would still find a way to fuck that up!

17. the veteran

the veteran Central Defender

In quick time pen pencil probably

18. No mobile phone signal? So there is an upside to nuclear Armageddon.

19. MSC

MSC Winger

A reset might be beneficial long term tbh.

dcl0sc likes this.