NOWTV

Discussion in 'SMB' started by George Kaplan, Apr 14, 2019.

1. George Kaplan

George Kaplan Striker

For reasons that will be obvious to GoT fans I thought I’d engage with a 7 day free trial and £7.99 a month package from NowTV.

About an hour of setting up accounts on the telly and tablet followed by NowTV forums and Chatservices ... and going around and around the houses, I discover that the only compatible TV for NowTV is an LG.

I don’t want to watch telly with Mrs Kaplan (no) on our tiny tablet or a laptop so I now know I have to buy a NowTV stick for £15 so I can get it on my (Sony) telly. I’d have saved myself an hours frustration if I’d know that or the now tv website had been a bit more upfront about the technological restrictions.

The inclusion of the letters ‘TV’ in the company name is, in my opinion, a trifle misleading.

This has been a public service announcement. You’re welcome.

2. Bet you enjoyed the chatservices though...

3. I use a nowtv box on my Panasonic TV without issue..

4. StiflerPG

StiflerPG Midfield

NowTV on Philips anarl.

5. George Kaplan

George Kaplan Striker

Yep. Purchasing a stick tomorrow.

6. Kevj

Kevj Striker

Get a meal from Macdonald’s. They have a free month trial for Now TV on their monopoly promo.

7. everstar

everstar Winger

Watching Now TV on my Samsung right now..

8. Slow joe

Slow joe Midfield

Plus the added bonus of delicious food.

9. George Kaplan

George Kaplan Striker

It wouldn’t be worth much to me coz I’d still have to buy a stick to be able to access it: and there’s an offer for 2 months access for about £20 for the stick (normally £15). Thanks though.

Yeah yeah yeah, Samsung (and Phillips) and LG. Just not MY frigging telly. :)

10. Snugster

Snugster Winger

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  11. Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump Midfield

I won 5 months hewww

12. I’ve just changed my broadband from bt to now tv. I’ll let you all know how it goe.........

My Boy Harry likes this.
  13. Always worth buying the boxes when they have deals on with free passes. I've got a few spare knocking about and just dish them out to mates when they want one. I have it on my telly (LG) but I tend to just use a box. I have the one that you can pause live TV etc not that I ever use the functionality.

14. Doeboy

Doeboy Central Defender

On quite a few tv’s mind :lol: the box’s are cheap enough and normally come with a few passes if you can’t get an app for yours

15. Kevj

Kevj Striker

Aye. I’ve got a pig. You’ve got a farm.

16. Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump Midfield

17. silas80

silas80 Winger

Should work on any tv with a HDMI slot. Both mine are Sony and they work fine with the NOW TV boxes or do you mean the app?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  18. Kevj

Kevj Striker

:lol:

Twelverife MF.

Forrest Gump likes this.
  19. Thurston

Thurston Winger

?? I have Now TV. I beam it on to a Samsung TV with my phone or tablet, using a Chromecast.

20. If we have any students on here you can get 3 months entertainment pass for £5 (offer is on hotukdeals) :(