Nowt happening again

It's pretty much always the same, we need players but never seem to get any over the line until at the end of the window, whilst sacrifising several games in between. Fortunately our form has improved and we've been playing well.

It's pretty much always the same, we need players but never seem to get any over the line until at the end of the window, whilst sacrifising several games in between. Fortunately our form has improved and we've been playing well.

I know it can be a bit of a cop out for managers to say this, but January is always difficult because teams are wary of letting players go before replacing them.

Same at the beginning of the season, we never ever have our business done before the first game, and it's always an excuse for us starting slowly. And when we eventually sign someone, he is usually injured or not match ready. We throw away 20-30% of the season not having a full squad to chose from, again because our procurement system is a f***ing shambles

Same at the beginning of the season, we never ever have our business done before the first game, and it's always an excuse for us starting slowly. And when we eventually sign someone, he is usually injured or not match ready. We throw away 20-30% of the season not having a full squad to chose from, again because our procurement system is a f***ing shambles

You'd think they'd have an ongoing shortlist that is updated on a regular basis. I know we have a relatively new manager, but player acquisition should surely be a key priority at all times, you'd think he'd be meeting with the recruitment team on a weekly basis to discuss and agree targets, this should have been the case after the first few weeks when he'll have begun to get an idea of what's missing. It should be daily during the window, perhaps it is, but I just struggle to believe that they're on top of things.

Last edited:

Back