Now we are in a really good position

It’s been hard work to get where we are now and well done to Parky and the lads. Now we need to win away from home or it’s all been pointless. We can go up automatically if we want. So what do U think wise SMB, play offs or automatic.

If Coventry win the game in hand and beat you at St Andrews... You have to win 3 and draw one and hope we lose 4 for you to overtake us.

"we can go up automatically if we want" it's not even in your own hands yet

It’s been hard work to get where we are now and well done to Parky and the lads. Now we need to win away from home or it’s all been pointless. We can go up automatically if we want. So what do U think wise SMB, play offs or automatic.
I fear the playoffs again. However since Parky finished the basic part of his reconstruction job the team has pretty much delivered. I will settle for the playoffs but continue to hope for second place.

There is quite often an unexpected team that bursts up the table in a late charge. It could easily be us. Depends in part on the new guys.
If Coventry win the game in hand and beat you at St Andrews... You have to win 3 and draw one and hope we lose 4 for you to overtake us.

I am confident that you will seek a way to cheat yourselves into a good position.

Last edited:
Looking at the table I can only see the play offs right now, and that’s not even concrete.
2 bad results will see us trailing behind.
Everyone from Oxford upwards have got a solid chance of the playoffs if they put together the right run.
Rotherham and Peterborough score for fun right now, so any 2/3rd place will be settled on goal difference if we get to that point
At least we’re not counting chickens on games in hand anymore (like last season).
We need to take 1 game at a time and have some faith in Parky. Another clean sheet today (which is the cornerstone of all good sides) and 3 goals. Yes it would have been great to get 5 or 6 but let’s keep this run going and see where we are in 5 games time. All of the top 6 were in great runs of form prior to today’s fixture.

'I fear the playoffs again. However since Parky finished the basic part of his reconstruction job the team has pretty much delivered. I will settle for the playoffs but continue to hope for second place.

There is quite often an unexpected team that bursts up the table in a late charge. It could easily be us. Depends in part on the new guys'

Seems to me the play-off winners are usually the teams who have gained most momentum in the second half of the season, the run-in.
That was definitely not us last year.
Parkinson has got the ship back on track at least, new manager, new players, new tactics.
I'm not so apprehensive about the play-offs this year, if that's to be our lot, I think we'll do the business this time.

This time last year us and Portsmouth were pretty much odds on for automatic and yet here we both are fighting for it again. The wheels could easily come off your run in as easily as they could ours.

Ifs and buts, it is in our hands as much as it is yours at this point , to say it's not is ludicrous , you seem to grind results out, you never really seem to give teams a beating, you draw too many games, much like us last season. That could be your downfall

Last edited:
This group of players at this point of the season look like they’re getting used to and expecting to win. Last year it was all about not losing which led to a couple of unbeaten runs but not the amount of points you’d think those runs would have produced.
It’s been a bumpy ride so far and I hope they stay focused only on the next game on the schedule. Don’t really have the luxury of looking ahead.
HTL

Back