Now TV smartstick enquiry

Kid Galahad

Striker
Want something so the bairn can watch TV in her room, she hasn't got an aerial so wanted something to connect to our WiFi, if you just want the basics does it cost you monthly or is that just for the extra packages? Any advice welcome, don't want to pay monthly if I can help it (we pay enough for Virgin) if it isn't much cop is there another alternative?

BBC, ITV, Channel 4, 5 all have apps on there. The Sky stuff is in a Now TV app and that's what you need to pay for.

As the previous poster mentions there are usually deals about for the passes. You can run up to four devices on one account too.

BBC, ITV, Channel 4, 5 all have apps on there. The Sky stuff is in a Now TV app and that's what you need to pay for.

As the previous poster mentions there are usually deals about for the passes. You can run up to four devices on one account too.
Cheers just wanted the basics really so sounds ideal, does the C4 app include things like E4 and More 4? She likes the Yank sitcoms.

Any of the above...Now tv, Fire Stick or Chromecast all work well. PM me your address and I’ll mail a Fire stick to you completely gratis.
Nice one marra, much obliged ;)

Any of the above...Now tv, Fire Stick or Chromecast all work well. PM me your address and I’ll mail a Fire stick to you completely gratis.
Can't PM you mate it won't let me start a conversation with you?

Last edited:
No bother. It’s sitting doing nothing as I moved and have Sky multi room now. PM the address and I’ll either drop it off or post it to you. It’s not the latest one you speak to but I don’t think speaking to gadgets should be encouraged anyway :lol:

That’s because I voted Leave :rolleyes:
Me too!

We have a stick and a box with one account. Bought the box with a 3month entertainment pass but we never use it, so I’ll be letting it lapse next week. I’ll probably buy it again in april when Game of Thrones is back on, just for Sky atlantic.

Everything else is free - iPlayer, itv app, 4OD etc. We only ever really use the stick for CBeebies and the box for freeviee channels so we don’t need to pay for owt. Best thing though is being able to get one off sky sports passes for the occasional weekend for the footy or rugby or summat. Saving us a fortune.

We have a stick and a box with one account. Bought the box with a 3month entertainment pass but we never use it, so I’ll be letting it lapse next week. I’ll probably buy it again in april when Game of Thrones is back on, just for Sky atlantic.

Everything else is free - iPlayer, itv app, 4OD etc. We only ever really use the stick for CBeebies and the box for freeviee channels so we don’t need to pay for owt. Best thing though is being able to get one off sky sports passes for the occasional weekend for the footy or rugby or summat. Saving us a fortune.
How much does a weekend or weekly pass cost for Sky Sports Hells?

How much does a weekend or weekly pass cost for Sky Sports Hells?
£8 for a day and £13 for a week. So for things like the Ryder Cup or the Ashes it’s perfect.

Even if you want to watch it all the time is still only £33 which is the same as I was paying for it through Virgin.

So if you get her a stick, you could also get one for your own telly and just get the sports pass for yourself. Still cheaper than a full tv package elsewhere. The only downside is lack of full HD.

Think I got a stick with a month’s Sports on it for £30 or so on amazon.

Back