Now jacks got most his squad available after injury and wyke due back boxing day

Whatever side he puts out its the bench that's the key in my opinion.

Ross is one of the best we've had at making the right substitutions at the right time.

We'll have players like Wyke, Watmore & Maguire on the bench to change games and the likes of McGeouch & James to see games out.

Teams like Portsmouth don't have that luxury and will fade in games and fade as the season progresses imo.

We've kept in touch without Cattermole, Power, Watmore, etc while the new players have been adapting to Ross's systems and tactics. We've not played that well in some games but shown, at times, that we have it in us.

We're capable of winning a run of games on the bounce and I think we will starting at Portsmouth. We need to go there and ignore the away support shouting 'shoooot' and 'attack attack attack'. Portsmouth know their best chance is to hype up the atmosphere and make the game a free for all.

I think Ross will keep it tight, play the ball and work hard for a professional 1-0.
Genuine question, how do you know that about Portsmouth? Have you watched them this season much? I literally have no idea on most squads in this league outside their main 4 or 5 players :lol:

Genuine question, how do you know that about Portsmouth? Have you watched them this season much? I literally have no idea on most squads in this league outside their main 4 or 5 players :lol:

I have a mate who lives near Portsmouth and goes to their games despite being a Liverpool supporter, I'll be seeing him on Saturday.

He says they're full of running and endeavour but can see them running out of steam, especially as they don't have a great squad.

I'm far from an authority but they are one of our main rivals so I like to watch their highlights etc.

Not convinced Power and Catts can play together.

McLaughlin
Matthews Baldwin Flanagan James
McGeouch Cattermole
Gooch Honeyman McGeady
Maja​

Subs: Ruiter, Oviedo, Loovens, Watmore, Power, Maguire, Wyke

Left out: Ozturk, Love, Hume, Mumba, O'Nien, Sinclair and probably others I've forgotten about

I have a mate who lives near Portsmouth and goes to their games despite being a Liverpool supporter, I'll be seeing him on Saturday.

He says they're full of running and endeavour but can see them running out of steam, especially as they don't have a great squad.

I'm far from an authority but they are one of our main rivals so I like to watch their highlights etc.
Fair enough mate, good to know then. I know bits and pieces through mates that support certain sides but find it hard to get a real grip on the squads with barely any games being on tv etc. Normally limited to just the goal highlights and that's it.

Back