Now jacks got most his squad available after injury and wyke due back boxing day

I know its unpopular but I'd start McGeouch ahead of Power. We look more secure at the back with him and also retain the ball better.

Also always play Gooch. As well as the goal threat he plays really well with Matthews.

Tight between James and Oviedo - pretty sure our clean sheet games coincided with James' (and McGeouch) inclusion. But Oviedo undoubtedly better going forward.

I know its unpopular but I'd start McGeouch ahead of Power. We look more secure at the back with him and also retain the ball better.

Also always play Gooch. As well as the goal threat he plays really well with Matthews.

Tight between James and Oviedo - pretty sure our clean sheet games coincided with James' (and McGeouch) inclusion. But Oviedo undoubtedly better going forward.
i would hope oviedo is sold in jan. for the money he is on there should be no doubt he makes the first team, if there is such a doubt, which there is, then he is poor value for money and should be sold.

McLaughlin

Mathews. . Flanagan. . Baldwin. . Oviedo

Cattermole. . Power

Gooch. . Honeyman. . McGeady

Maja

Subs
Watmore
McGuire
O’nein
Loovens
Hume
E. Robinson
Mumba

He’ll of a team and bench at this level. Also shows I don’t think we will suffer if we have a lot of injuries.

Puts us in shit creek if McLaughlin gets injured in a game mind ;)

Agree about mcgeough. Needs to come back in the team for me.

McLaughlin
Matthews Flanagan Baldwin Oviedo
Cattermole Power
Gooch Honeyman McGeady
Maja
Subs: Ruiter, Loovens, James, O'Nien, Maguire, Watmore, Wyke

Leaving out Ozturk, McGeouch, Sinclair, Hume, Mumba and Robson who can all do a job at this level.

When you look at that objectively, that is a seriously strong squad for League 1.
Yeah, even if we didn't add to it in January we should still go up, assuming we didn't sell anyone.

I'd still like another first choice CB and cover for RB as a minimum though, a few fresh faces should give everyone a boost for the second half of the season.

Yeah, even if we didn't add to it in January we should still go up, assuming we didn't sell anyone.

I'd still like another first choice CB and cover for RB as a minimum though, a few fresh faces should give everyone a boost for the second half of the season.
if you get a first choice CB then flanagan can become the reserve right back.

Wyke is another in a long list who came here, then got injured for months on end...

It's no coincidence. What is his exact injury, has he had it before?

What do you mean by that mate? He played 133 games for Carlisle and Bradford scoring 54 goals in the previous 3 seasons? plus he picked up his current injury by very bravely going into a challenge with the Burton Keeper that most players (perhaps correctly) would have bottled and that challenge almost resulted in a goal for us.

Last edited:
What do you mean by that mate? He played 133 games for Carlisle and Bradford scoring 54 goals in the previous 3 seasons? plus he picked up his current injury by very bravely going into a challenge with the Burton Keeper that most players (perhaps correctly) would have bottled and that challenge almost resulted in a goal for us.
How that keeper never got sent off is beyond me. Absolute disgrace.

Back