Now it's over

FFS I’m so sick and tired of people wanting managers out after five bastard minutes in the job man. Have you learned fuck all from the past decade?

He should stay, and will take us up next year. He’s had two bloody transfer windows man. :rolleyes: He inherited an absolute disaster of a team.

Sorry like, been to every home & a lot of away this season.

Not one for wanting managers sacked, but on what evidence do you think he'll get us promoted? No settled 11 or system. The football has hardly been great.

Backed to the hilt by the owners & supporters yet has came up short.

Last edited:
FFS I’m so sick and tired of people wanting managers out after five bastard minutes in the job man. Have you learned fuck all from the past decade?

He should stay, and will take us up next year. He’s had two bloody transfer windows man. :rolleyes: He inherited an absolute disaster of a team.

He's had a season and what a horrific season it's been.

Other than not wanting to sack another manager, what reasons are there for keeping him? What positive signs have you seen I’ve the last 6 months? What’s our style of play?

I’m happy to be convinced he’s the right man for the job but the evidence doesn’t support that conclusion.

What he inherited has f***ing zero bearing on his tactics

Which are truly shite

He’s had a full season. That’s longer than half the managers in the football league. And Bowyer came into Charlton only a few weeks before the end of last season. He had five players on the bench first game of the season. Charlton are equally as big a basket case as we were.

Take no pleasure in saying it, but I agree. Nothing has convinced me he'll take us up.

Like the bloke, but unfortunately he's failed.

His target was to finish top 6 which he achieved, I would have taken finishing in a play off place at the start of the season as I suspect the vast majority on here would. He should be given time more time without a doubt, thankfully I think SD would agree with me and not the dripping fannies on here.

Other than not wanting to sack another manager, what reasons are there for keeping him? What positive signs have you seen I’ve the last 6 months? What’s our style of play?

I’m happy to be convinced he’s the right man for the job but the evidence doesn’t support that conclusion.

Sad to agree but - this - after today - 100% this.

A full season isn’t 5mins. He hasn’t settled on a preferred starting 11 and it’s fucked us. Persisted with shite though (Captain George).

As for who we get in....nee f***ing idea.

He won't take us up next year or the ten after that. He is absolutely clueless.

We have several of the best players in the division and a budget in excess of anything anyone else can offer. We still have several premier league players in the team and had a striker of total class at the start of the season. We’ve now got 2 strikers that scored 57 league one goals between them in 17/18.

Every player he’s been near as progressively become worse and worse. Every tactic he’s employed has started okay then got worse and worse as the games so by. They played 5 at the back and you’d think it was an alien concept - our players had no idea who to mark the first half and ran around like headless chickens without a clue what they were doing. This simply isn’t good enough. And that’s before I move onto his negative mentality and pathetic attempts to “settle for the 1-0”

If there were signs of progress I would want to keep him, but looking back Maja's goals papered over the cracks and we've got progressively worse as the season has gone on, culminating in today's shambles

Back