November Voting - Abstract

Challenge winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote for as many as you want and you have seven days to do so.

Once I'd ploughed through about 20 posts by Icarebecauseyoudo and ajax_andy being tits, we were left with 11 posts.

Tom Tom Macute for me. (I know where it is an' all)

ICBYD was my favourite, being a fan of Rothko.

Wasn't sure if the guitars and cat in the brandy glass met the remit, but gave them the benefit of the doubt

I'd say we boosted a pretty unpopular thread
I thought Tired Eyes would have submitted an entry as he was pretty taken with the thread.

I

Wasn't sure if the guitars and cat in the brandy glass met the remit, but gave them the benefit of the doubt

From the theme's first post:
Abstract photography can produce very dramatic images. It relies on our more primal sense of form, color, and curves than it does on detail
I was looking at the curves of the guitars for this entry (along with other things). Thanks for the vote though. :)

Last edited:
architect - Nice shot but it's skew is putting me off, would've been better geometrically, if straightened imo.

tom tom macute
- Not sure it needed the rotation and personally I hate those time delayed waterfall shots, sooooo 90's office wall print, yuk :confused:

Steeeeed - Nice and colourful, it would've been better if you could've done it without the tree in the middle of the shot.

ajax_andy - Looks more macro than abstract, a much tighter crop might have made the macro shot look more abstract.

Gatehead 8 - Doesn't meet theme imo.

The Great Soprendo - Nice shot, I think this one could've benefited from a 90o rotation - Vote.

MaDMaCKeM
- My favourite for the month, great shapes and colour - Vote.

Kid Galahad
- Doesn't really do it for me.

peachbum - You know my feelings on these horrendously thick borders, I can't focus on anything else, doesn't work for me.

Icarebecauseyoudo
- Doesn't really do it for me.

ighty seven
- Doesn't meet theme imo.

I was hoping for so much more this month, I've not entered for a while because I don't have a camera at present, other than my phone. Well done all those who managed an entry.

peachbum - You know my feelings on these horrendously thick borders, I can't focus on anything else, doesn't work for me.
Yes I miss picnik, because I was able to get thinner borders; got this one off a Nexus "gallery". Not the best border ever but photos with white in them seem to fade into the screen (imo), hence the border. You should have entered a phone camera shot. Don't need a fancy camera to enter the competition.

Well I'm sitting around for a few hours waiting for a bus so I'll do a quick vote.

Abstract photography is a personal thing I guess, so I'm not going to say that any don't meet the theme. I'm giving votes to the two that appeal to my sense of the abstract the most - Steed and The Great Soprendo.

The Great Soprendo - Nice shot, I think this one could've benefited from a 90o rotation - Vote.

Thanks for the vote, however it's a reflection of a landscape and while you might say it doesn't matter for an abstract, it wouldn't really make any sense if rotated (at least not to me, anyway). Cheers though.

Just one vote for me, The Great Soprendo. I love the detail, a 'real' image which is naturally abstract. Both well thought out and executed. (were you on a boat or summit?)

Just one vote for me, The Great Soprendo. I love the detail, a 'real' image which is naturally abstract. Both well thought out and executed. (were you on a boat or summit?)

It's the screes in telephoto from the youth hostel side

Awesome location

I went into this month with a pretty simplistic view of the the theme, namely, if I can tell what it is straight away then it's not abstract! However, having since actually read up on this discipline I am now more appreciative of the use of colour, shapes, lines, etc...

All things considered, my votes this month go to;
Peachbum - loads of shapes! A return to form imho in a month I knew you would be strong in.
Tom Tom - my favourite pic of yours while I've been involved in these competitions (and I still don't know what it is).
ICBYD - Beautiful colours and I'd hang it on my wall.

Well done all :)

I went into this month with a pretty simplistic view of the the theme, namely, if I can tell what it is straight away then it's not abstract! However, having since actually read up on this discipline I am now more appreciative of the use of colour, shapes, lines, etc...

All things considered, my votes this month go to;
Peachbum - loads of shapes! A return to form imho in a month I knew you would be strong in.
Tom Tom - my favourite pic of yours while I've been involved in these competitions (and I still don't know what it is).
ICBYD - Beautiful colours and I'd hang it on my wall.

Well done all :)

I'll send you one for the printing price plus postage

Might even clean up the filth ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back