November POLL - Transportation

Transportation vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

i think we'll have to break this one in gently peachy

As I am busy the next few days I am going to take a gamble and congratulate @taipeisafc on winning this months competition, even though the poll is still open for a further hour.

Please nominate the theme for January. Well done.

Well done to the winner, especially as won by so many votes - but, just to throw a mini spanner , it doesn't meet the theme. :)

I didn't enter, so it isn't sour grapes.

transportation
transpɔːˈteɪʃ(ə)n,trɑːns-/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action of transporting someone or something or the process of being transported.

Well done to the winner, especially as won by so many votes - but, just to throw a mini spanner , it doesn't meet the theme. :)

transportation
noun
  1. 1.
    the action of transporting someone or something or the process of being transported.
By that definition only one of the photos would meet the theme and I know who entered that shot and trust me, it's not a route we want to go down :D

But I don't think it's a huge stretch for creative folk like us to consider a vessel for transportation to meet the theme of transportation whilst not strictly speaking being in the act of transportation at the time of taking the photograph for the transportation theme.

transportation
noun
  1. 1.

Yeah but

transportation http://dictionary.cambridge.org/help/codes.html
UK /ˌtræn.spɔːˈteɪ.ʃən/ US /-spɚ-/
movement of people or goods from one place to another:the safe transportation of used nuclear fuel In the past, British convicts could be sentenced to transportation (to Australia).B1 US (UK transport) a vehicle or system of vehicles, such as buses, trains, etc. for getting from one place to another:Bicycles are a cheap and efficient form/means of transportation.

So it does meet the definition unless we are restricting definitions to only proper UK use of words (now if you had criticised it for being a crap photo it would have been fair enough)

Yeah but

transportation
UK /ˌtræn.spɔːˈteɪ.ʃən/ US /-spɚ-/
movement of people or goods from one place to another:the safe transportation of used nuclear fuel In the past, British convicts could be sentenced to transportation (to Australia).B1 US (UK transport) a vehicle or system of vehicles, such as buses, trains, etc. for getting from one place to another:Bicycles are a cheap and efficient form/means of transportation.

So it does meet the definition unless we are restricting definitions to only proper UK use of words (now if you had criticised it for being a crap photo it would have been fair enough)
Be a good chap and nominate a theme for January please.

Right so with December being food and the normal excesses over the Christmas period how about a theme of 'Waste' for January. This could be anything from waste food, urban decay, wasted energy etc.
or any fat buggers after christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back