November Challenge - Effective Use of Negative Space - Entries ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
November's challenge keeps us looking at composition and may, or may not, be related to the Rule of Thirds challenge from earlier this year.

November's challenge, is "Effective Use of Negative Space"

There's a bit of background reading here and here, as well as a few decent examples here, but as ever it's your interpretation we're looking for.

PIctures must be taken between now and November 30th, happy shooting.

Re: November Chalenge - Effective Use of Negative Space - Entries ONLY

Logon or register to see this image

Over Literal SMB Entry November 2011 "Negative Space" by joe-white, on Flickr

My first attempt at an entry; I've been meaning to join in with this for months.

Title: "Overly Literal."

This is an interpretation of the theme that deliberately goes somewhat "over the top" with the negative space theme.

Set against the "negatives space" created by blurred out pictures of the Bank of England, The US Stock Exchange, The Irish Parliament and the Greek Parliament.

The wallet is empty except for credit and debit cards, which are secured "in the red."

The ridge of the wallet froms a declining graph of the national economic state.

Just how much "Negative Space" can one picture depict?

C & C Welcome - I'm joining in to get better at this.

Thanks very much for having a look.

Re: November Chalenge - Effective Use of Negative Space - Entries ONLY

picture.php

Fort George looking toward Inverness.

Won't get another chance to get any other entry this month as after taking this one I slipped and smashed my Canon on a canon, along with a few ribs.
Spent the last few nights sleeping in the chair.
Driving from Inverness to Durham with broken ribs is not recommended.

So much for taking an autumn break ( literally)

I took this in Durham Cathedral during the lumiere festival. He was at the end of the miners vest exhibition and the low mood of the music fit perfectly with the surroundings. Managed to maneuver into a position where the natural darkness was prevalent and hopefully this has helped to capture the atmosphere. Hopefully!

Logon or register to see this image

Who knows? Was great though... by i097345, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back