November 17th live footy on tv

I'm with you on this, Janey. I can cope with it, but I prefer not to, as I simply don't like it & there are more important things to do in life than argue the toss with folk who are hellbent on pulling down all aspects of the club, incapable of making any cogent argument, equally incapable of (or wilfully refusing to) acknowledge any view that isn't their own or identical to their own & in many cases demonstrating a level of football ignorance that is matched only by their innate nastiness. It's too time-consuming & ultimately futile. This thread is, it goes without saying, the undoubted diamond in the rough.
Anyway, moving on, how are you? And how's your Mam?

Ha,ha, yer reet there, Sis, la. And such a large target! She's not really my type (not that I have a type) but I loved her in both the Carry On films & in Sykes, where she played (I think) Eric's sister. Deryck Guyler as Corky the copper was also brilliant in that.

Well put and your spot on regarding Janey's reply and your also right about this thread as well.

She was a great actress and played a range of characters

Looking forward to War of the worlds tonight 3 parter, l grew up playing on both Hprsell common where the sandpits are located before we moved to Maybury and close to Pyrford common which is also in the book.

Well put and your spot on regarding Janey's reply and your also right about this thread as well.

She was a great actress and played a range of characters

Looking forward to War of the worlds tonight 3 parter, l grew up playing on both Hprsell common where the sandpits are located before we moved to Maybury and close to Pyrford common which is also in the book.
I was toying with the idea of trying it out but wasn't sure it would be for me. Here's something to get you in the mood:

Morning Sis

Cheers marra. I’ll do me best. Got family round today, it’s Mrs Ds birthday today. I’m cooking so no doubt they’ll be twisting about flat puddens ( I like them like that ) I tried to persuade her to go out for lunch but to no avail.

Afternoon marra, not good going back to Aberdeen tomorrow but at least you are here for Mrs D birthday, hope she has had a good day up to now.
Have a safe trip back lad
I was toying with the idea of trying it out but wasn't sure it would be for me. Here's something to get you in the mood:

Cheers, have it on CD and numourous devices good listen Jeff Wayne ah

Last edited:
Afternoon Cloughie lad
You missed Hattie Jacques, you can't beat a good carry on

Spot on Janey, they get on me nerves, what ever you do don't go on the politics page. Hank gets a ban for a lot less than some of the things on there.
Enjoy you afternoon and evening
Thank you xx
It's good to see you back Janey :)...

This tv thread is safe enough with good friendly posters.....and Hank :) " jesting marra "
Thank you xx
I'm with you on this, Janey. I can cope with it, but I prefer not to, as I simply don't like it & there are more important things to do in life than argue the toss with folk who are hellbent on pulling down all aspects of the club, incapable of making any cogent argument, equally incapable of (or wilfully refusing to) acknowledge any view that isn't their own or identical to their own & in many cases demonstrating a level of football ignorance that is matched only by their innate nastiness. It's too time-consuming & ultimately futile. This thread is, it goes without saying, the undoubted diamond in the rough.
Anyway, moving on, how are you? And how's your Mam?

Ha,ha, yer reet there, Sis, la. And such a large target! She's not really my type (not that I have a type) but I loved her in both the Carry On films & in Sykes, where she played (I think) Eric's sister. Deryck Guyler as Corky the copper was also brilliant in that.
Totally agree and we are both really canny at the minute thank you xx

Last edited:
Morning or should l say afternoon hope you are okay

Afternoon Spammers enjoy your Sunday, well what's left of it

Afternoon EM it will be good to see us win comfortably again

Enjoy your dinner pal, l will be looking forward to the England game.
Later tonight is War of the Worlds which is set around my home town

Afternoon Vic hope your Sunday Is going well and the pandemonium doesn't last late into the evening

Good day Wakey no rain here so far today, been clearing me back garden as well, bin full job done. Our hanging baskets are still flowering so l have left them for now.

Have an excellent Sunday yourself AG lad
Yes, looking forward to it. Is that Cheshire or Liverpool where its set. Looks good.

Brisbane Roar v Melbourne City
Hyundai A-League
Kick off 05:00
BT Sport 1

Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory
Hyundai A-League
Kick off 07:30
BT Sport 2

Tranmere Rovers v Wycombe Wanderers
League One
1130 kick off 12:00
Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Ultra HD

Luxembourg v Portugal
UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier
1355 kick off 14:00
Sky Sports Football

Serbia v Ukraine
UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier
Kick off 14:00
Sky Sports Red Button

Bulgaria v Czech Republic
UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier
1655 kick off 17:00
Sky Sports Football

Kosovo v England
UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier
1630 kick off 17:00
ITV1

Albania v France
UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier
1940 kick off 19:45
Sky Sports Football

Andorra v Turkey
UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier
Kick off 19:45
Sky Sports Red Button

Moldova v Iceland
UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier
Kick off 19:45
Sky Sports Red Button

that's yer lot Wycombe Serbia England & Turkey for me
FAO Mr @hank williams
Tenerife v Cadiz
La Liga 2
Kick off 20:00
LaLiga SmartBank YouTube

Cheers marra. I’ll do me best. Got family round today, it’s Mrs Ds birthday today. I’m cooking so no doubt they’ll be twisting about flat puddens ( I like them like that ) I tried to persuade her to go out for lunch but to no avail.

Morning Cloughy marraleybone. Carry on films the very best. I find I enjoy them so much more now than I did back in the day.

Many happy returns to Mrs D marra

Tbh we prefer going out in small groups but for bigger groups we think best at home ( especially with the little ones)
Ooph. Anita Harris, Shirley Eaton, Elke Sommer, Liz Fraser. And, of course, possibly best of all (pour moi) the wonderfully wholesome and perfectly named Dilys Laye!

You've set the bar so low anything less than a 65% reduction must be deemed a failure, ha, ha. I'll be intrigued to learn how you get on. I see a bestseller in the making, working title: Wangles with Wakey.

Ive heard worse names marra :(

Last edited:
Thank you xx

Thank you xx

Totally agree and we are both really canny at the minute thank you xx
Janey, hope you are well, up for the match on Saturday, Deaf Club for Wesr Ham v Spugs our match then Man City Chelsea. Early instruction class with the lovely Becs on English Cathedrals which might take over the whole day!
Janey, hope you are well, up for the match on Saturday, Deaf Club for Wesr Ham v Spugs our match then Man City Chelsea. Early instruction class with the lovely Becs on English Cathedrals which might take over the whole day!
Oh, and a pint with the handsome Hank and his dad!

Last edited:

Tbh we prefer going out in small groups but for bigger groups we think best at home ( especially with the little ones)

Thanks mate. That’s the last of them just left. Just me n Dawn here now. It’s been a great day. It’s not often we have them all in the same place at the same time. Shower next then the las t couple of episodes of Britannia, curled up together like a couple of pups.

It's 1159 as I start to type so, given my typing speed, I'll bid you arl good evening.

Thowt I'd got on the wrang thread & that I'd inadvertently crashed the Carry On Films Appreciation Society annual bash. Just need a bit of corrrr! from Kenneth Connor or Sid James, thus:

Top crumpet. Carry on Cruising & have fun & frolic in the rain.
Fenella Fielding was a canny looking hen in her day too.
Logon or register to see this image

Thanks mate. That’s the last of them just left. Just me n Dawn here now. It’s been a great day. It’s not often we have them all in the same place at the same time. Shower next then the las t couple of episodes of Britannia, curled up together like a couple of pups.

It’s nice to see them & to see them leave ;)
Enjoy ya flopping marra, nowt better on days like this - I call them “ just shut the curtains” days

Ive just cooked for us, few mins of Ingerland & then whatever.

Ive a busy day the morra to make up for gan to the match on Tuesda

Back