Novak Djokovic

Was hoping to get alocals take on it, I'm guessing the local serb population will be doing there own version of punching police horses and smashing phone boxes
There’ll be wailing and gnashing of teeth most definitely. There’s a covid related protest March in Sydney today anyway. I’m sure it will be used to vent some angst.
They’ll kick off in Melbourne as well, that’s a given.

Obviously it should never have gotten this far. Whoever came up with this cunning plan to get him here needs firing out of cannon on Australia Day.

There’ll be wailing and gnashing of teeth most definitely. There’s a covid related protest March in Sydney today anyway. I’m sure it will be used to vent some angst.
They’ll kick off in Melbourne as well, that’s a given.

Obviously it should never have gotten this far. Whoever came up with this cunning plan to get him here needs firing out of cannon on Australia Day.
Why are the serb population so militant, remember years ago it kicked off at the tennis open, if they are so nationalistic why do they live on the other side of the world

Why are the serb population so militant, remember years ago it kicked off at the tennis open, if they are so nationalistic why do they live on the other side of the world
They’re absolute knackers, though so are the rest of the Balkans.
When they play each other in non league football here it always kicks off, particularly them and any Croatian teams. They hate each other.
Serbs are very, very nationalistic. Most came here either after the Second World War or as refugees from the Balkan conflict and brought their hatred with them.

They’re absolute knackers, though so are the rest of the Balkans.
When they play each other in non league football here it always kicks off, particularly them and any Croatian teams. They hate each other.
Serbs are very, very nationalistic. Most came here either after the Second World War or as refugees from the Balkan conflict and brought their hatred with them.
I was at Westfields Eastgardens during the week and some 50+ middle aged women were wearing their Serbia football tops (badly), clearly as a show of support. They're all fruit loops. The Croat's will be laughing their cocks off. :D

I was at Westfields Eastgardens during the week and some 50+ middle aged women were wearing their Serbia football tops (badly), clearly as a show of support. They're all fruit loops. The Croat's will be laughing their cocks off. :D
Craig Kelly had already organized a protest in Albert Park near Central today so there’ll be loads of them around there. I’m sure it will kickoff

Craig Kelly had already organized a protest in Albert Park near Central today so there’ll be loads of them around there. I’m sure it will kickoff
If they kick off, surely that would only strengthen the government's reasons for cancelling his visa on safety grounds

You think people don't go around murdering other people become of 'legislation'?
If a law is stupid, of course I'll ignore it.
Did you never have a pint when you were 17?
Did you never 'jaywalk' in a country where it was illegal?
Australia's 'border control' laws are a disgrace, and if anything good comes of this whole shambles I hope it's that their idiotic laws are in the spotlight.

Some laws are generally quite minor if broken (like drinking at 17)
Although actually drinking at 17 isn't illegal, it's just purchasing alcohol that's illegal or drinking in a pub without a meal, with a meal you can do at 16. If your parents bought it for you to consume at home, you only have to be 5.

What if you didn't agree with a speed limit in a certain area & kept getting fined & clocking up points? Would you carry on driving whilst banned

However, I think you're massively under estimating just how bad lying to border control / submitting fraudulent documents to the government is.
It's essentially perjury.

If he was Joe public, he'd likely be in jail by now.

Following the BBC updates on this and the Australian government case looks weak as piss to me.
Thought it was cut and dried to chuck him out, but they are making a complete pigs ear of it imo.
Anti-vaxxers having a protest at the australian open today...nothing like justifying Hawke's reasoning for cancelling Djokovics visa
They are helping, as the his lawyers are pointing out that chucking him out could cause more unrest than leaving him in.

Following the BBC updates on this and the Australian government case looks weak as piss to me.
Thought it was cut and dried to chuck him out, but they are making a complete pigs ear of it imo.

They are helping, as the his lawyers are pointing out that chucking him out could cause more unrest than leaving him in.
Personally I hope he is allowed to stay as he will feel vindicated in his stance. He has a very vocal minority in his corner right now.

The problem is if he is allowed to play then I hope the silent majority turn on him and boo the fuck out of him at every available opportunity.

He is clearly a liar who thinks he can do what he wants because of his status, he is taking the piss just as much as BoJo is in the UK

See, im getting the opposite.
The case isnt about whether Hawke was right or wrong in choosing to deport Djokovic, the arguement is about did Hawke have sound reasoning behind making his judgement.
Djokovics arguement doesnt really stack up as there saying the minister didnt consider or act rationally.
Defence used the protest to show the feeling against keeping Djokovic in.

Back