Novak Djokovic

Personally I hope he is allowed to stay as he will feel vindicated in his stance. He has a very vocal minority in his corner right now.

The problem is if he is allowed to play then I hope the silent majority turn on him and boo the fuck out of him at every available opportunity.

He is clearly a liar who thinks he can do what he wants because of his status, he is taking the piss just as much as BoJo is in the UK
I agree, however the Aussies have made a pigs ear of the whole thing.
A weird country that has had a judge overturn federal policy because the state of Victoria gave him an exemption.
I just can't get my head round that.
See, im getting the opposite.
The case isnt about whether Hawke was right or wrong in choosing to deport Djokovic, the arguement is about did Hawke have sound reasoning behind making his judgement.
Djokovics arguement doesnt really stack up as there saying the minister didnt consider or act rationally.
Defence used the protest to show the feeling against keeping Djokovic in.
I think the protesting has been mostly for him by his fans and the tin foil anti vax brigade.

Last edited:

A weird country that has had a judge overturn federal policy because the state of Victoria gave him an exemption.

I think the protesting has been mostly for him by his fans and the tin foil anti vax brigade.
I totally agree the Aussie authorities have fucked up big time

They seem to be tying themselves up in knots when the reality is his entry declaration was full of lies

I know if I had been all over the shop and hadn’t declared it I wouldn’t even get past the airport. It’s a f***ing joke that he said he hadn’t been anywhere but is clearly shown to have been in Serbia and Spain and lied about it and still hasn’t been sent home

I totally agree the Aussie authorities have fucked up big time

They seem to be tying themselves up in knots when the reality is his entry declaration was full of lies

I know if I had been all over the shop and hadn’t declared it I wouldn’t even get past the airport. It’s a f***ing joke that he said he hadn’t been anywhere but is clearly shown to have been in Serbia and Spain and lied about it and still hasn’t been sent home
Agreed. So now the AGovt case doesnt involve the false declartions to gain entry.... so its just a personal / political thing, gotta say my position has changed. Govt are just bullying an individual now embarrasing

Agreed. So now the AGovt case doesnt involve the false declartions to gain entry.... so its just a personal / political thing, gotta say my position has changed. Govt are just bullying an individual now embarrasing
Yep I cant even believe where this case has gone and the fact you have an actual state government with limitless legal advice getting into such a mess

All they needed to do was use his declaration and the fact its bollocks to deny him entry.

I do think Djokovic will ultimately regret this as he has always been unlikeable and i suspect his reception in Australia will be pretty toxic

I see him winning the legal battle and playing but will melt down with the backlash from the crowd

It was today but they couldn't use it for the trial as by Friday it had only been the protest against keeping him in australia
Djokovics lawyer might have just blown that with his rambling reply at the end

Last edited:
Why on earth the case against Djokovic isn't based on his fraudulent visa declaration, I do not know. They don't need to be fannying around trying to build a case on which 'feelings' Djokovic might negatively promote - that is subjective, hard to evidence, and dodgy. So unnecessary.

He submitted a fraudulent visa. Hold his feet to the fire over that! That and his shameful conduct and multiple violations of covid isolation rules.

What a dreadful mess.

Shameful episode for the Australians. Should have banned him from playing and none of this would have happened.

They got him on the perception his continuing presence could cause civil unrest, sets a precedent for the Govt to suppress protests on a perceived threat to civil unrest.

The courts decision isn’t whether the minister made the correct decision, it is whether he followed the correct procedure coming to it, the court say he did.

Back