Novak Djokovic

That's true, but the vaccinated majority are less likely to a) suffer symptoms from it, b) spread it to others that would suffer from it. The more vaccinated people you have, the greater herd immunity.

Just run with me on an analogy, it won't be a perfect analogy but the principles are the same.

Imagine I have some fire-resistant paint, that reduced the risk of trees catching fire by 70%. Say there was a forest fire and it started at one side and was spreading the other. On the side that it was spreading towards, I'd painted 15 rows of trees in the middle, effectively as block aid, to stop it spreading to the other side. Some of those trees that are painted will still burn, but a significant proportion of them won't. The fire eventually runs out of suitable hosts, and is far less likely get to the vulnerable trees on the other side.

It is never going to be a perfect analogue, but it shows the purpose.
You could write a Shakespearean analogy. They dont care, their beliefs outweigh the truth.

Can you explain how he's entitled? What he's lied about?
If he's being used as an 'antivax-poster-boy' that's nothing to do with him is it? I haven't seen anything where he's telling people not to get vaccinated, if I've missed that let me know.

:lol:

:lol::lol:

Can you explain how he's entitled? What he's lied about?
If he's being used as an 'antivax-poster-boy' that's nothing to do with him is it? I haven't seen anything where he's telling people not to get vaccinated, if I've missed that let me know.

:lol:
He’s lied about when he apparently contracted covid, hasn’t he? Meaning he entered the country illegally.

Then he’s thrown a tantrum, suggesting he doesn’t believe the same rule should apply to him because of a sense of entitlement

That's true, but the vaccinated majority are less likely to a) suffer symptoms from it, b) spread it to others that would suffer from it. The more vaccinated people you have, the greater herd immunity.

Just run with me on an analogy, it won't be a perfect analogy but the principles are the same.

Imagine I have some fire-resistant paint, that reduced the risk of trees catching fire by 70%. Say there was a forest fire and it started at one side and was spreading the other. On the side that it was spreading towards, I'd painted 15 rows of trees in the middle, effectively as block aid, to stop it spreading to the other side. Some of those trees that are painted will still burn, but a significant proportion of them won't. The fire eventually runs out of suitable hosts, and is far less likely get to the vulnerable trees on the other side.

It is never going to be a perfect analogue, but it shows the purpose.

The analogy with the trees isn't perfect as every single tree is vulnerable, I've been through the aftermath of a forest fire, nothing left but destruction.
Very eerie indeed.
Where are the asymptomatic trees, where are the trees other than intervention that the fire would have no effect on whatsoever.

I don't doubt the vaccines have done the job here, now to what degree that's hard to tell, we opened up last July and other than minor restrictions have stayed that way.
There are countries with very little in the way of vaccine roll out that have done way way better than we have currently.

It seems it's a location thing in the main, central and Eastern Europe per million deaths have 15 countries in the top 20 for example.
Africa is doing well in comparison with very little vaccine rollout, I was surprised to see Cameroon only have 2.5% fully vaccinated, they put restrictions in for tickets for the African Cup of nations matches.
Only double jabbed and a negative test I was reading the other day, if ever something was way beyond any logic, that must be it.

Ah well, one day we will all be free, hopefully.

The analogy with the trees isn't perfect as every single tree is vulnerable
Every single person, as far as I'm aware is potentially vulnerable to contracting and spreading Covid. Trees in fact vary massively I how they burn, how fast the burn, how likely the fire is to spread to other trees and some trees don't burn at all.

There are a family of trees called Aizoaceae that you couldn't set on fire with a blowtorch!
I don't doubt the vaccines have done the job here, now to what degree that's hard to tell,
This time last year, less than 10% of the British public had had a single dose of vaccine. In the same week year, daily deaths were at 1800 from about 40k cases per day.

Now, the majority of the country is double or triple jabbed. We had this week about 130k cases per day, and an average of about 200 deaths per day.

I'd sat that is an absolutely astronomical comedown.
It seems it's a location thing in the main, central and Eastern Europe per million deaths have 15 countries in the top 20 for example.
Africa is doing well in comparison with very little vaccine
You're comparing apples with oranges. If want to assess the impact of a new roundabout in Central London, I don't compare it with the impact of a new roundabout in South Sudan.

Last edited:
Every single person, as far as I'm aware is potentially vulnerable to contracting and spreading Covid. Trees in fact vary massively I how they burn, how fast the burn, how likely the fire is to spread to other trees and some trees don't burn at all.

There are a family of trees called Aizoaceae that you couldn't set on fire with a blowtorch!

This time last year, less than 10% of the British public had had a single dose of vaccine. In the same week year, daily deaths were at 1800 from about 40k cases per day.

Now, the majority of the country is double or triple jabbed. We had this week about 130k cases per day, and an average of about 200 deaths per day.

I'd sat that is an absolutely astronomical comedown.

You're comparing apples with oranges. If want to assess the impact of a new roundabout in Central London, I don't compare it with the impact of a new roundabout in South Sudan.
i'd say we are running out of vulnerable people, vaccines are there to eradicate virii not create 130k petri dishes a day

i'd say we are running out of vulnerable people, vaccines are there to eradicate virii not create 130k petri dishes a day
Vaccines are to prevent and mitigate disease, primarily. Some diseases have been all but eradicated through vaccines, but that relies on various factors biological, behavioural, and environmental.

Less joy for you the next couple of weeks then. Never mind
I'm a joy machine mate...what you lose on the swings and all that, Andy now has a chance :D

ps. It was tongue in cheek, but as you wish people to have less joy in their lives, of course you wouldn't understand.
you were all over this thread like a cheap carpet earlier in the week, now it's gone against yer posterboy you've gone all coy
What do you have as relief when Robbied is not around...no don't tell me, I think I know :D

Last edited:

Back