Nov & Dec Comp - OPEN and TAKEN ANYTIME EVER!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's one I took about 6 weeks ago:

Whereabouts was this taken mate? Looks very much like a mountain the locals call `El Hecho´down near the Straits of Gibraltar
Here's one I took about 6 weeks ago:

Logon or register to see this image

I haven't done much in terms of editing it, have brought up the shadows but I'm not quite happy with the rocks. But I don't know how I'd want them differently.

Nikon D3300, lens - 55.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6,
ƒ/13.0, 300.0 mm, 1/25 sec, ISO 200

I haven't done much in terms of editing it, have brought up the shadows but I'm not quite happy with the rocks. But I don't know how I'd want them differently.

Nikon D3300, lens - 55.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6,
ƒ/13.0, 300.0 mm, 1/25 sec, ISO 200

Ah... I live about an hour and a half's drive away. Inland Malaga province is a gem. The landscape around here is similar. I thought at first this photo was taken from nearby. Smashing photo. Can't remember posting that quote though:)
Too many Alhambra Verdes/Rojas? :lol:

One of the many beautiful Andalucian places. Got a bit lucky with this one. Don't often catch a sunset like that.

Two from the same location, Cradle Mountain in Tasmania, Australia. It was bloody freezing, late at night and the mrs was in the car whilst I was in pitch black waiting for the Aurora Australis to appear on my little screen on the camera...

No editing at all, but was my favourite location for taking star pictures.

Trying to go for a bit of variety.. Starting out of my comfort zone with a landscape (horizon is probably wonky though ;) ) :

A couple of portraits:

Was going to add a third shot but it'll only let me post 3 images.

Love the lighting on the last one.

Thought carefully before posting that pic on here, was surprised it was the lighting that was commented on :lol:. Just got a lovely new Nikon 105mm Micro (macro) lens on Black Friday so going to try some tight beauty portraits with it.

What was your light setup?

It was a beauty dish as the key light, a big 60" deep octa as a fill, there's a strip over her left shoulder on low power but just enough to separate her from the background and give her a little highlight and then another strip over the other shoulder a stop or two higher. On the setup pic I've got a light behind her seat to throw some light on to the background but for this shot it wasn't on.

It was a beauty dish as the key light, a big 60" deep octa as a fill, there's a strip over her left shoulder on low power but just enough to separate her from the background and give her a little highlight and then another strip over the other shoulder a stop or two higher. On the setup pic I've got a light behind her seat to throw some light on to the background but for this shot it wasn't on.
It worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back