Nov & Dec Comp - OPEN and TAKEN ANYTIME EVER!!!!

Discussion in 'Monthly Competition' started by Steeeeed, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Steeeeed

Steeeeed Winger

Something a bit different in an effort to try and get people posting in the competition again and give it some life.

So, it's totally open and the photo can have been taken at any time.

Just post your favourite photos ever.

Guidance;
    • Lets limit entries to 5 photos each.
    • One photo per post. So if you want to enter 5 photos, make 5 separate posts.
    • As we will hopefully get a lot of entries and the poll / vote system is limited to no. of entrants, we'll use the 'like' button to judge the winner. But it's not so important this time around.
    • Post your picture directly in this thread. Please keep the previous rules of no larger than 2000 pixels on long edge, 5MB in size.
    • It would be nice if you tell the story of why this is one of your favourite photos.

It would also be nice if people were happy to receive some constructive criticism. I think we should be able to do that unless stated otherwise underneath the photo.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    niceonemarra and Kid Galahad like this.
  2. tonyfromalnwick

tonyfromalnwick Midfield

Taken at my nieces wedding last year

[​IMG]

Quite fitting for November, taken in 2017.
    [​IMG]

The poppy photo has just attatched itself to the wedding shot, and I can't edit them into 2 different posts. Sorry.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  3. Steeeeed

Steeeeed Winger

Loads of emotion in that family shot. I'm sure they love it.

4. tonyfromalnwick

tonyfromalnwick Midfield

The kids were finally running out of steam when I took that one. They had been on the go all day, non stop !

5. kossoff

kossoff Winger

Here's one I took about 6 weeks ago:

[​IMG]

I haven't done much in terms of editing it, have brought up the shadows but I'm not quite happy with the rocks. But I don't know how I'd want them differently.

Nikon D3300, lens - 55.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6,
    ƒ/13.0, 300.0 mm, 1/25 sec, ISO 200

HerdnMulhall, Bishop Boy and APepper8 like this.
  6. Musicman

Musicman Striker

7. Ginger John

Ginger John Central Defender Contributor

Went on the cliff to take a photo of the sunset in Menorca. No idea who the couple are but then a boat went past and it just all fitted together like this!

[​IMG]

Tried to take a sunset photo another day at a different cove. Was disappointed it was a bit cloudy but then this happened!

[​IMG]

8. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Striker

Took this a couple of years ago. I’d like to think it speaks for itself. The colour is as shot, the joy of streetlights.

[​IMG]

Kid Galahad likes this.
  9. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  10. AB22 Easy Tiger

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    HerdnMulhall, Pants and Kid Galahad like this.
  11. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

How do I upload a pic?

Many many years ago.

[​IMG]

Luke Skywalker

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  12. Tongey

Tongey Midfield Contributor

[​IMG]

Taken in Cuba last year. No filters or editing, was a beautiful sunset that night. We were walking to the restaurant for tea but had to get a photo. Actually got this printed onto a canvas when i got a free code :lol:

[​IMG]

Taken in Tenby this summer. Not the best photo, but it sat for a good 10 minutes like that just staring at me and looked like it was smiling, so that always makes me laugh thinking about it.

[​IMG]

Taken in Bishop a couple weeks ago. This one was on my phone, and again no filters or editing. Came out of the shop and was greeted with a lovely sky

13. Slippery Jim

Slippery Jim Striker

Downhill sunset

[​IMG]

Pants likes this.
  14. Kid Galahad

Kid Galahad Striker

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple of our lovely bridges, hope you like 'em !

HerdnMulhall, Kevj and Bishop Boy like this.
  15. Pants

Pants Winger

I don't have a proper camera so I have to cheat and take pictures of sunrise and sunset.

[​IMG]

Purrfect South and Bishop Boy like this.
  16. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Striker

All a camera is, a box with a hole in it to let light in onto either film or a sensor.

The real technology is the eye to spot a potential shot.

Great photo btw.

Pants likes this.
  17. Steeeeed

Steeeeed Winger

Ben Loyal in Scotland, near Tongue. About as far north as you can go on the mainland. It's a favourite of mine because we waited about 90 minutes for the sun to break through the clouds and give a bit of side light to Ben Loyal and importantly, illuminating those reeds in the water. 90 minutes feels like a lifetime with no phone reception and @Icarebecauseyoudo wittering on in your ear.

@K3NA had given up and retreated to the car :lol:

18. I like this photo just because usually I'm very shy of photographing the public. I was in a bar near London Bridge one Wednesday night, and I noticed this couple only had eyes for each other, I saw the girl go in for the kiss so just took the photo (and hoped I didn't get done for invasion of privacy or something).

AB22 Easy Tiger likes this.
  19. Steeeeed

Steeeeed Winger

Loughrigg Fell, Ambleside. This is one that was a bit of a victory for some planning. Scouted the location the day before, it was September so was hopeful of some morning mist, forecast looked good and everything just fell into place.

Pants likes this.
  20. AB22 Easy Tiger