Notre Dame (Paris) on fire?

No, I don’t mean I have never seen it. I have walked past it hundreds of times. Just that I don’t see the fuss.
I would have to agree. Although it's a lovely building, it isn't breathtaking. Strangely, London doesn't really have an outstanding cathedral. Maybe the Hindu temple in Neasden. :lol:

Do the police have a hunch who did it ?

(Probably seb as fuck)

There’s plenty of idiots now starting to try and say it was an Islamic terrorist attack that is being covered up by the French authorities.

Because classic Islamist MO is starting fires and not claiming responsibly for them.

One billion euro raised for the restoration.

One billion !

Four million a week to do it in Macron’s five years.

Surely it won’t cost that much. And surely there are better causes for any excess cash.
1 billion raised in a few days, wasted on rebuilding a church, puts the problems of the world into perspective and where a lot of people's priorities lie.

1 billion raised in a few days, wasted on rebuilding a church, puts the problems of the world into perspective and where a lot of people's priorities lie.
Reaction of the rich to the Notre Dame fire teaches us a lot about the world we live in | JOE.ie

“Between them, they have significantly more money than several European states — such as Croatia, Serbia, Slovakia or Slovenia. If you had €3,000 in your bank account right now and you donated a tenner to the restoration effort, you'd be giving proportionally the same amount as these two.”

And let’s not forget, some Grenfell Tower residents are still homeless.

I was surprised at that. Hopefully the small altars I liked around the back of the main altar are still in decent condition too.

Looks like the stone inner ceiling seems to have protected the Church well.
Found this article in BBC History, the building survived because it was built that way.
Notre-Dame fire “not the worst chapter in its 850-year history” — BBC History Magazine
Also, have a look at the link in the article on medieval cathedrals, it seems that, prior to Beckett, Durham was the most popular pilgrim site. Another school day for me.

Reaction of the rich to the Notre Dame fire teaches us a lot about the world we live in | JOE.ie

“Between them, they have significantly more money than several European states — such as Croatia, Serbia, Slovakia or Slovenia. If you had €3,000 in your bank account right now and you donated a tenner to the restoration effort, you'd be giving proportionally the same amount as these two.”

And let’s not forget, some Grenfell Tower residents are still homeless.

Ah, the old 'buy back your soul' bribe with the big man upstairs.

Truly sickening. Anyone who has donated a penny to this needs thier head looking at

How come so little is made of the 'crown of thorns' over the years ? Surely this has to be the most prized Christian artifact ever ? Yet I'd completely forgotten about it until this incident.

Back