Notre Dame (Paris) on fire?

A French government spokesperson has said "Nothing will remain."

Being virtually inaccessible to fire engines means they can do almost nothing to stop it burning. A major inquiry undoubtedly lies ahead as to how such a landmark could have no plan in place for something like this occuring.
If they knew it would be impossible to access how was a state-of-the-art sprinkler system not installed. Money, obviously, will be the reason. But it would have cost a fraction of the rebuilding costs.
I've not seen any videos of fire boats being in attendance, which I though a bit weird.

Can't believe Paris doesn't have them when London does.

That you can't understand that certain people think some cultural artifacts are so important that they're prepared to risk their lives to save them for future generations, for starters.
Then you are strange as well . Would you advocate your children running into that building to try to save stuff? Or would you be normal and say it's not worth it

Visited many years ago and despite having no religion the atmosphere was incredible inside. So sad to see a historical landmark go up in flames like this and judging by the pictures there is likely to be little left of it in the morning.

PS I wonder if the insurance policy is covered for acts of God if the property is actually Gods house in the first place? All for suspicious if you ask me

I've asked how it started but bizarrely nobody wants to comment :)

Back