Not renewing next season if Donald is owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

More to life than football.
I hardly see the family as it is these days anyways with working commitments.
I know it’s only a few hours on a Saturday but it’s bang in the middle of the day so you can’t really make other plans.
I can afford a season ticket it’s more wasting precious time.

I know it’s only a few hours on a Saturday but it’s bang in the middle of the day so you can’t really make other plans.

Fair enough mate.

Just don’t come back when things change.

Spot on Marra - everyone was taking the piss out of the Mags and their boycoutt, support the team and not the regime, and now they are doing exactly the same.

we are not in the same situation as Blackpool were under their last owner yet!

I definitely want the current mob out, I did buy into their vision, but the reality of them not having a pot to piss in has sunk in now, for sure.
Only not had a season ticket for one year in the last 33, so won’t be giving it up, despite the half time run around the pitch being the most entertaining part of the day!

They were taking the piss out of the Mags because they were mid table in the Premier League and beating the likes of Man city at home. We are mid table in League One and tried (and failed) to nick a point at Gillingham.

I will renew no matter what, im 50 and been going for 40 odd year. SAFC is a massive part of my life, its not just the 90minutes of football but meeting your mates for a pint and a craic on.
I cant see how not going will help the situation one bit, but each to there own.
Same here , as bad as the football is i still love going to Fitzgerald's pre game . I have packed in before and was lost on a Saturday afternoon . Massive change needed at the club in all areas , Parkinson cant last much longer but uncertain of who comes in next

I know Ive been generally a lot happier since I stopped going to games. Admittedly I only get ti about 10-14 games a season now as live in Kent but was still too heavily invested. I’ll always have the club at heart but it’s good to be taking a back seat. Gives you a bit of perspective I suppose and realise I was behaving badly just due to football. It’s a pile of shite anyway...I resent the twats of the premier league and the money involved but at the same time want us to get back there..I’ll always want the lads to do well, but it’s better to not be in a constant state of bewilderment at the state of the club. I think a lot of us here view it all with rose tinted glasses when it’s been a pile of shit for most of my life. If you think about what you put into it, the time, money and emotional energy and then think of the positive things you can do with that tine money and energy it’s a no brainer. I know plenty of Liverpool fans who don’t seem any happier than the were five years ago. Says it all really.

I agree mate much more to life.

It's not your fault they have been so mismanaged that they have killed your interest, don't owe them anything and if they are not entertaining you and losing in a boring competition like League 1 you are better off without.

Last edited:
I agree mate much more to life.

It's not your fault they have been so mismanaged that they have killed your interest, don't owe them anything and if they are not entertaining you and losing in a boring competition like League 1 you are better off without.
Appreciate those words.
Thanks mate.

Seriously thinking about not renewing next season.

The way Stewart Donald is running this football club is a joke.
The latest WMS & Roker Report issue highlights more to me that there’s something going on in the background Stewart Donald doesn’t want the fans to find out.

Seriously thinking about not renewing next season.

The way Stewart Donald is running this football club is a joke.
The latest WMS & Roker Report issue highlights more to me that there’s something going on in the background Stewart Donald doesn’t want the fans to find out.

If it is indeed administration then it would be better if we do know, cos I know for a fact that us fans would step up n do our bit again like we always f***ing do, yes we'd be angry but fuck we would step up

I feel your pain, one of the best things I ever did was not to renew after 44 years.
I had to stop going after a fractured pelvis was missed by hospital. Gave up season ticket went almost every game since 1957. I have been a few times since when I could get a lift but never seen a single win in a dozen games three goals scored not a single point taken. I have found many better things to do. Can’t shake off the disappointment though.

Genuinely think it’s going to get worse unless someone takes over, we are dropping to Eastleigh level

Whey, if people turn their backs on the club when we're most needed there is every chance we'll drop further.

If folk are that unhappy with how the club is being run protesting would be better than potentially letting the club die.

Whey, if people turn their backs on the club when we're most needed there is every chance we'll drop further.

If folk are that unhappy with how the club is being run protesting would be better than potentially letting the club die.
I don’t enjoy going anymore and I never thought it would come to this but I’m seriously considering it.

I don’t enjoy going anymore and I never thought it would come to this but I’m seriously considering it.

You won’t be alone. At the moment anyone who says they are enjoying the football on offer at Sunderland is either very very easily pleased or lying.

If things don’t improve dramatically the prospect of dragging yourself to the game on a freezing cold afternoon/ evening gets less and less appealing.

Plenty I know used to go in groups and are down to ones and two’s now.

The prospect of (at least) yet another season in L1 struggling to beat the likes of Gillingham is just so depressing.

Hopefully things take a turn for the better post January but if it doesn’t I can see next season being a step too far for quite a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back