(Not pro) Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter Ego

Striker
Apparently, pro = Cliik.

I'm not pro. But I do have a £300 camera that I really can't afford to lose/break and as I mainly use it when out cycling/up a mountain, it's quite high risk. Any advice as to who/how I should get it insured?

These guys are cheap and (supposedly) use the same underwriters as Cliik, but there's not a lot of information on the net about them - http://www.eversure.com/camera/

Home insurance worth a look at?

Ta.

I use photoguard. Not the cheapest but covers all my needs even when out of the country.

Definitely worth contacting your home/contents insurers and seeing what they can do.

Quick look at the eversure one you link to, shows excess of £100/£200 for theft/damage depending on where the camera is - so won't really cover your £300 camera very well!

Photoguard are one of the common ones. I use aaduki who were cheaper for pro insurance, but probably work out more for what you want.

Definitely worth contacting your home/contents insurers and seeing what they can do.

Quick look at the eversure one you link to, shows excess of £100/£200 for theft/damage depending on where the camera is - so won't really cover your £300 camera very well!

Photoguard are one of the common ones. I use aaduki who were cheaper for pro insurance, but probably work out more for what you want.

:oops: I hadn't seen that, I just looked at the 5/10% bits.

Photoguard are £31 for the year with £50 excess. I'll have a look at the house insurance, if not, I think that will do.

I wouldn't even bother. £81 to cover £300 (and falling all the time) worth of gear?
If I fucked it (And it's already taken a battering tbf), I genuinely could not afford to replace it for a long time (£300 is a lot of money being a student with no financial backing). I'm enjoying my photography at the minute and coupled with the fact that it is taken into 'high risk' environments, I would say it was definitely worth it.

If I fucked it (And it's already taken a battering tbf), I genuinely could not afford to replace it for a long time (£300 is a lot of money being a student with no financial backing). I'm enjoying my photography at the minute and coupled with the fact that it is taken into 'high risk' environments, I would say it was definitely worth it.

Fair enough, if you think it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back