Not guilty

Its the jury in this instance, they reached the verdict. I find diminished responsibility hard to stomach given what he was carrying when he went in.
I might have worded it badly, if they want to put hm in an asylum fair enough I just don't think a risk of him ever being free again should be allowed.

Once you convince yourself you can do something that horrendous for me you can always convince yourself again.

RIP Joan.

Fair points. And why is he putting together a collection of machetes and swords ffs!? It's not like he was in the shop, heard voices so acted there and then. He has gone on a canny old journey, with a bag of weapons and even took a mask to cover his identity.
Then tried to dispose of the evidence ffs. Strange how he can remember walking to the shop, then can remember being back outside the shop after cold bloodedly stabbing someone 20 odd times.

Its the jury in this instance, they reached the verdict. I find diminished responsibility hard to stomach given what he was carrying when he went in.
They were ordered by the Judge, as is clearly documented in the article and backed up by the CPS saying today that they did not offer any evidence in the charge of murder as they felt manslaughter was correct after initially disagreeing.

The more I think about the timeline and his quotes the more I agree with you.
He says.. "I don't remember any of it, I just remember walking in the shop and people talking about me".

He was wearing a f***ing scream mask when he entered the shop, not to mention the bag of f***ing machetes he was carrying. :rolleyes: Pre-meditated murder imo. He'd planned it, and now he's trying to escape prison with the old mental illness card so he can get better food and a nicer cell. No remorse whatsoever.

He says.. "I don't remember any of it, I just remember walking in the shop and people talking about me".

He was wearing a f***ing scream mask when he entered the shop, not to mention the bag of f***ing machetes he was carrying. :rolleyes: Pre-meditated murder imo. He'd planned it, and now he's trying to escape prison with the old mental illness card so he can get better food and a nicer cell. No remorse whatsoever.
Yep.
He remembered when he got to his mate's house though the little bastard

Definitely doesn't feel like justice...shouldn't of really been out in the 1st place...all the mental health hospitals seem to have dried up lately probably due to budget cuts I'd imagine.....what's replaced bede wing in shields?...where do patients go that used to be looked after by cherry Knowles....

The budget cuts have been utterly obscene, but then poor and vulnerable people don’t usually vote Tory so the government don’t give a shit.

Mate of mine has worked with ex-offenders, addicts and people with MH issues all her career and (obviously) on pretty shit pay. The Tories have recently cut, cut, cut services and as a result there have been 5 suicides in her district already this calendar year.

Although the crime is appalling, the person involved is also a victim of the system. That person needed help long before this happened. Should have been protected from themselves and protected society from them.

But we voted these twats in.... so what does that say about us?

Back