Not guilty

Diminished responsibility.

Shouldn't make a difference to the amount of years served IMO. If he is mentally unstable and capable of doing something like that needs to be locked away for a very long time. Unfortunately he will probably be sentenced to 10 and out in 5
I doubt that. The judge said a very long time and that's what I think he'll get. I don't think he'll breathe free air again for the next fifteen years.

Scary thing there is a lot more these kids in schools than ever. Diagnosed with mental health issues at a young age and just put into the mainstream system. Both me and my wife see it everyday.

And giving the scrotes the ready made excuse of dimmished responsibility and the falling mental system. f***ing bullshit

given that out of the prison population of 80,000+ only c.70 are serving whole life sentences that would be an unlikely scenario.

Sentenced under a hospital order will most likely be longer than a manslaughter sentence
Fair enough if they want to put him in an asylum, I just think he should be unable to be released again.

Absolutely spot on , he’s been failed by the system and as a result two peoples lives have been destroyed. People are still banging on about him being linked to the half way house on sea road , being off his tits on drugs etc and it seems he was just an average kid apart from his mental issues obviously
He has been failed astounding what about her family .

How often does that happen in practice under section 3?
It's difficult to say, but you wouldn't try to get someone detained for purely not taking medication. The individual may be subject to a Community Treatment Order and they could be brought back into hospital if they didn't follow the treatment and stipulations of the Order. Even in that case, most often they are brought into hospital, given the medication and discharged shortly after without an application or section 2 or 3 being made.
About CTOs | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

Someone can't be placed under Section 2 or 3 for failing to take medication unless risks are severe and apparent.

It's difficult to say, but you wouldn't try to get someone detained for purely not taking medication. The individual may be subject to a Community Treatment Order and they could be brought back into hospital if they didn't follow the treatment and stipulations of the Order. Even in that case, most often they are brought into hospital, given the medication and discharged shortly after without an application or section 2 or 3 being made.
About CTOs | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

Someone can't be placed under Section 2 or 3 for failing to take medication unless risks are severe and apparent.
yes I'm aware of MHA legislation

And giving the scrotes the ready made excuse of dimmished responsibility and the falling mental system. f***ing bullshit
That's the problem marra. Many kids I see have genuine issues, a lot are just little shits. Sadly some parents want the diagnosis so they can claim carers allowance. The likes of us want our kids to do well and are proud of their achievements. Some see them as a source of income. As with a lot of things the system is clogged with those spooning off it meaning that there isn't enough time and resources to deal with genuine cases properly.

For someone to be guilty of murder they have to be deemed to be of sound mind at that time. The kid obviously wasn't and can't be charged with murder as a result.
He went out knowing he wanted to murder a woman , he took a bag of various knives with him along with masks to allow him to do it . Therefore he seemed pretty sane in his thinking , knowing what he wanted to do .

He went out knowing he wanted to murder a woman , he took a bag of various knives with him along with masks to allow him to do it . Therefore he seemed pretty sane in his thinking , knowing what he wanted to do .
You think that's a sane belief?!
His thoughts are a result of his mental illness, which has been assessed and deemed of to be of a significant and severe nature for detention in the highest level of secure hospital in the country.

Back