Not got a TV licence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lived in fear of this in the 60s/70s

Logon or register to see this image

The Beeb is as British as HP Sauce and Elizabeth and for that reason i have now qualms in paying my dues. Iplayer on demand etc no adds to waste years of your life away etc how anyone can fault the Beeb is outrageous.

Back when people were daft enough to believe that detector vans weren't anything but a useless scare tactic.

Would you say how anyone can say the mags are the greatest team in the world, is also outrageous? Plenty of them do. Those who follow the mags. Just like those who watch BBC and those who don't.

Fancy that.

Ridiculous. I don't think there is a person in the country that could say they have never ever watched or listened to the beeb

Ok, an extra £12.

Then an extra £12 for Kids TV, little bobby in class 2 thinks its proper quality programming!

And an extra £12 for animals do funny things TV, as the dog loves it!

Even though you don't watch them?

Simple really, baffled as to why people don't get it :lol:

Freesat and Freeview are pretty great to be honest - even with the license fee

If I thought Netflix was shit, I'd cancel it..
If I thought NowTV was shit, I'd cancel it..
If I thought Amazon Prime was shit, I'd cancel it..
I think the BBC is shit, but I can't cancel it..

Why should I pay for a service that I don't like or use?

We lived in fear of this in the 60s/70s

Logon or register to see this image

The Beeb is as British as HP Sauce(made in the Netherlands) and Elizabeth(from a German family) and for that reason i have now qualms in paying my dues. Iplayer on demand etc no adds to waste years of your life away etc how anyone can fault the Beeb is outrageous.

Of course they have. It's there in our faces.

Do you think it's right though to force anyone who doesn't watch it, to pay for it?

Anyone who can put their hand on their heart and say that they or anybody in their household wont ever watch or listen then no they should not pay.

If I thought Netflix was shit, I'd cancel it..
If I thought NowTV was shit, I'd cancel it..
If I thought Amazon Prime was shit, I'd cancel it..
I think the BBC is shit, but I can't cancel it..

Why should I pay for a service that I don't like or use?

Because it's so amazing that everyone needs it apparently!

Anyone who can put their hand on their heart and say that they or anybody in their household wont ever watch or listen then no they should not pay.

Madness. It doesn't matter if you have or haven't ever watched it.

Does that mean anyone who has ever watched Sky Sports and Sky Movies should pay £80/month once they decide they don't need it anymore?

Does that mean anyone who has ever watched Sky Sports and Sky Movies should pay £80/month once they decide they don't need it anymore?
If you catch a glimpse of your neighbours watching Eastenders, then you're obliged to pay the licence fee for the rest of time(even after death)

I dont have a Sky satellite and dont subscribe so pay nothing. My mother has Sky and often has it on when i visit here should i pay? No . We are talking house owners property

I dont have a Sky satellite and dont subscribe so pay nothing. My mother has Sky and often has it on when i visit here should i pay? No . We are talking house owners property

I'm not sure you understand. Maybe if Ken Loach made a film about it then it would become clear?

Of course they have. It's there in our faces.

Do you think it's right though to force anyone who doesn't watch it, to pay for it?
Yes, definitely.
The main function of the BBC is to keep the other broadcast media honest.
Without the (reasonably) high standards set by this institution (flawed, I know), the media would be in a race to the bottom. Anyone who thinks different should watch TV content from other places. America? Egypt? Almost anywhere in Eastern Europe? I have experienced these, and I'm sure there are many more.
It's a small price to pay, seriously.

Yes, definitely.
Without the (reasonably) high standards set by this institution (flawed, I know), the media would be in a race to the bottom. Anyone who thinks different should watch TV content from other places. America? Egypt? Almost anywhere in Eastern Europe? I have experienced these, and I'm sure there are many more.

Lets pretend that's true. Pay for it out of general taxation and scale it back so that it's solely an (honest) news broadcaster.

I, along with many people, watch plenty of US TV, plenty of quality TV comes out of the USA.

Yes, definitely.

I preferred TV in America and the Middle East, I paid for what I watched. I had more access to footy, I had loads of on demand stuff and I also had my usual Netflix etc. All dictated by what I wanted to pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back