Not got a TV licence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I get Sky/Netflix and Spotify cheaper than £12 per month,

How the hell do you manage that? My Netflix is £4.99 and Sky is £35 a month and I'm on the minimum package with just Sports.

Struggle to believe the "I don't use the BBC" types like.

Not sure why tbh. I'm tempted to knock my tv licence on the head. I do use it occasionally but not really enough to justify even the relatively low cost. In terms of the BBC I like having access to match of the day but could easily do without it and could happily just watch the Sunderland highlights on the SAFC website. Not bothered with the news and don't really watch documentaries. Main things I watch on tele are films and tv series, much better just having Netflix or similar for that.

The only thing I'd really miss is not being able to watch any live football, but obviously that's not bbc content. In terms of the BBC it's only match of the day that I really want and that, on its own, isn't worth £12 a month

How the hell do you manage that? My Netflix is £4.99 and Sky is £35 a month and I'm on the minimum package with just Sports.

Sky's basic package for nowt (retention deal), spotify a fiver, then netflix. I don't have sports though.

I'd be more than happy for the BBC to go totally to a subscriber model (and pay a little bit extra for it) IF anyone choosing not to pay was denied all of its services - TV, radio (national and local), website etc.
I'd be all over this. They would be crying into Sky One on their Kodi based device before tea time. Absolute cock knockers.

You are completely missing the point! :lol:

No, we get the point; you don't like being forced to pay for something you don't use. The same could be said for income tax or NI, there are lots that people's tax is used for that they don't use, or ever will, but it's for the greater good. I personally think the BBC is excellent value for money and is respected around the World, there are people who would give their right arm to have the quality content and reporting that the BBC provide us everyday. Just look at the number of programmes that are exported all over the world. We like to moan in thid country and I think the BBC is a classic example of 'you don't know what you've got until its gone'. Adverts every 15 mins like Sky, superb!

No, we get the point; you don't like being forced to pay for something you don't use. The same could be said for income tax or NI, there are lots that people's tax is used for that they don't use, or ever will, but it's for the greater good. I personally think the BBC is excellent value for money and is respected around the World, there are people who would give their right arm to have the quality content and reporting that the BBC provide us everyday. Just look at the number of programmes that are exported all over the world. We like to moan in thid country and I think the BBC is a classic example of 'you don't know what you've got until its gone'. Adverts every 15 mins like Sky, superb!

At the end of the day it is entertainment and if people don't want to pay for it they shouldn't have to.

Comparing the license fee to NI is ridiculous.

You should have used an NHS analogy. Maybe fortified with a mention of Mr Hitler's shenanigans. No come back from that ;)

Never gonna agree here, BBC vs NI...I have no comeback.

I think there's a major difference between paying your share for health/ education/ safety etc and paying for tv channels. If it's such good value then they can make it optional to subscribe to BBC and loads of people will still pay it and thus won't need to worry about it having loads of adverts. I'd rather be able to opt out of the BBC stuff personally mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back