Not being able to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

My sympathies mate, I've been having nightmares on an almost nightly basis for a long time now and it isn't funny in the slightest not getting proper sleep.

Last night I was running for my life from a Godzilla-like giant lizard type thing for the first half of the night until I eventually woke up in a panic, and then after getting up for a smoke and clear my head for a bit, went back to sleep to dream about being in a warzone for the rest of the night until it was time to "wake up". Joyous mood I was in today.
What an excellent explanation of ones dreams.

:lol::lol:

Mr Brown?????????WTF?

Hold on marrra, Im the mother f***ing coolest cat about, and I got no idea what you are talking about.
"FUCK money and all it brings. Its a kernt. I hate the bitch, as I see the destruction it causes"

Its what you get like without sleep marra.

If your not going to get much sleep today, make sure you do tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nee worries bud. But we are all in the same boat. Dont feel like the world is against you. Short term use of sominesx, nytol, phenegran, all the OTC stuff is all good, but using them more than a few days is bad, Id rather you have a shot of whisky or a dube before bed if it helps. A doc might help, but he's only gonna ask the questions I did and maybe give you a stronger pill. Get to the root cause, if you cant try the non medicated routes I suggest. It has helped me loads.

I know its easy for me to say, cos I dont know the ins and outs of your situation. But FUCK money and all it brings. Its a kernt. I hate the bitch, as I see the destruction it causes. All you need is a safe place to put your head down and food in your stomach. All the rest is just keeping up with the joness

We are here if you need to talk. PM if needed mate. Everything is strictly patient confidential.
Thanks for the advice mate, I appreciate it.

I'm really pleased after last night. Got in after a few beers at my mates place, watched a bit of tele, and put my head down without taking a sominex. Actually managed to drift off without any help and without it taking a stupid amount of time. I only woke once in the night at 5pm, and I went straight back to sleep. The only gripe I could have was in the first part of my sleep I dreamt my best mate had died. Was upsetting in the dream.

This is what I don't understand though, the inconsistency. Why can't I do this every night? So frustrating.

A shovel up.
I do need to stop that habit but that's a different mountain to climb :lol:

My sympathies mate, I've been having nightmares on an almost nightly basis for a long time now and it isn't funny in the slightest not getting proper sleep.

Last night I was running for my life from a Godzilla-like giant lizard type thing for the first half of the night until I eventually woke up in a panic, and then after getting up for a smoke and clear my head for a bit, went back to sleep to dream about being in a warzone for the rest of the night until it was time to "wake up". Joyous mood I was in today.
Nothing worse than consistent, vivid bad dreams. Hope it improves for you mate.

I'm really pleased after last night. Got in after a few beers at my mates place, watched a bit of tele, and put my head down without taking a sominex. Actually managed to drift off without any help and without it taking a stupid amount of time. I only woke once in the night at 5pm, and I went straight back to sleep. The only gripe I could have was in the first part of my sleep I dreamt my best mate had died. Was upsetting in the dream.

This is what I don't understand though, the inconsistency. Why can't I do this every night? So frustrating.

Is it ever since you got a kicking mate?

@LondonMackem if it's money issues that are keeping your mind racing perhaps think about counselling? At the least it's going to get your thoughts out in the open

I have had sleep issues for years but sleeping fairly well now. I used to listen to a guided sleep meditation play list on Spotify by Anna Thompson when I had trouble sleeping because of anxiety and that worked every time.

I take zma every night now and I'm fast asleep in about 15 mins. Need to get blackout blinds and I'll sleep all the way through.

If all that fails just punch yourself again

@LondonMackem if it's money issues that are keeping your mind racing perhaps think about counselling? At the least it's going to get your thoughts out in the open

I have had sleep issues for years but sleeping fairly well now. I used to listen to a guided sleep meditation play list on Spotify by Anna Thompson when I had trouble sleeping because of anxiety and that worked every time.

I take zma every night now and I'm fast asleep in about 15 mins. Need to get blackout blinds and I'll sleep all the way through.

If all that fails just punch yourself again
Money anxiety is just one of a few issues. I probably do need to chat to someone but always put it off. Terrible at opening up.

You look the type that would relate to a lavender pillow mate - no offence meant. ;)

I've probably had less than an hour last night. Having the top of my femur sawed off yesterday and then a git spike hammered down into it played it's part mind.

No counting back from 200 works for that:(

Last edited:
I've probably had less than an hour last night. Having the top of my femur sawed off yesterday and then a git spike hammered down into it played it's part mind.

No counting back from 200 works for that:(

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back