Not being able to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really struggling at the moment and it's getting worse. Now that I seem conscious of it probably.

Tonight's been very difficult. Run out of nytol too.

Right LM

How long you have you been having bother for?
Do you know the cause?
What natural methods have you tried? e.g reading a book, glass of warm milk with nutmeg, exercise during the day not near bedtime etc
Have you stopped using laptop, phone, any electrical device near bedtime (mind can be tricked near bedtime)?
Have you tried to cut yourself off from the world? I.e good earplugs and top quality eye masks?

Using sleeping aids like Nytol can help in the short term to get you knocked out, but it has detrimental effects long term. As with all man made sleeping tablets, they never get you into deep REM sleep and you will often feel groggy and tired when waking up from them. Lets not even get into the very quick tolerance your body develops to sleeping aids.

Good sleep hygiene is very underrated. Sorry for the essay but I have bother too. Loads of people do. You are not alone.

How's it going @LondonMackem marra?
Not bad matey, slept through the thunder and lightning last night ironically thanks to the sominex.

Right LM

Do you know the cause?
What natural methods have you tried? e.g reading a book, glass of warm milk with nutmeg, exercise during the day not near bedtime etc
Have you stopped using laptop, phone, any electrical device near bedtime (mind can be tricked near bedtime)?
Have you tried to cut yourself off from the world? I.e good earplugs and top quality eye masks?

Using sleeping aids like Nytol can help in the short term to get you knocked out, but it has detrimental effects long term. As with all man made sleeping tablets, they never get you into deep REM sleep and you will often feel groggy and tired when waking up from them. Lets not even get into the very quick tolerance your body develops to sleeping aids.

Good sleep hygiene is very underrated. Sorry for the essay but I have bother too. Loads of people do. You are not alone.
I have several anxiety issues, one of which is caused by money stress. But my insomnia started around 6 months ago, and money issues have been going on longer.

I have started avoiding the phone late in evenings (clearly not tonight *sigh*) and will start up reading to try to help tire me. Apart from that I'm not doing much to help. May book at docs appointment but not sure what they'll suggest.

Appreciate the concern all the same mate.

Last edited:
I have several anxiety issues, one of which is caused by money stress.

I'm not prying and you don't have to post details on here, but is that something you can get help with? If you're struggling each month, there are budget planners and good advice on the net. If it's debt related, there are debt charities that can help. And so on. Don't worry about it by yourself and try and do something to fix it and that might help your sleeping.

Right LM

Do you know the cause?

Read SBC posts, that will help you nod off.

Not bad matey, slept through the thunder and lightning last night ironically thanks to the sominex.

I have several anxiety issues, one of which is caused by money stress. But my insomnia started around 6 months ago, and money issues have been going on longer.

I have started avoiding the phone late in evenings (clearly not tonight *sigh*) and will start up reading to try to help tire me. Apart from that I'm not doing much to help. May book at docs appointment but not sure what they'll suggest.

Appreciate the concern all the same mate.

Nee worries bud. But we are all in the same boat. Dont feel like the world is against you. Short term use of sominesx, nytol, phenegran, all the OTC stuff is all good, but using them more than a few days is bad, Id rather you have a shot of whisky or a dube before bed if it helps. A doc might help, but he's only gonna ask the questions I did and maybe give you a stronger pill. Get to the root cause, if you cant try the non medicated routes I suggest. It has helped me loads.

I know its easy for me to say, cos I dont know the ins and outs of your situation. But FUCK money and all it brings. Its a kernt. I hate the bitch, as I see the destruction it causes. All you need is a safe place to put your head down and food in your stomach. All the rest is just keeping up with the joness

We are here if you need to talk. PM if needed mate. Everything is strictly patient confidential.

Right LM

Do you know the cause?

He's always having a boot.

Last edited:
Don't know, just till they let me go home.
Its great being in hospital as you get to lie in bed all day get loads of drugs and have people (usually good looking folk) waiting on you. I would pay to spend a week in hospital

Nee worries bud. But we are all in the same boat. Dont feel like the world is against you. Short term use of sominesx, nytol, phenegran, all the OTC stuff is all good, but using them more than a few days is bad, Id rather you have a shot of whisky or a dube before bed if it helps. A doc might help, but he's only gonna ask the questions I did and maybe give you a stronger pill. Get to the root cause, if you cant try the non medicated routes I suggest. It has helped me loads.

I know its easy for me to say, cos I dont know the ins and outs of your situation. But FUCK money and all it brings. Its a kernt. I hate the bitch, as I see the destruction it causes. All you need is a safe place to put your head down and food in your stomach. All the rest is just keeping up with the joness

We are here if you need to talk. PM if needed mate. Everything is strictly patient confidential.
You are wrong with your perception of money so stop ranting about it until you get your facts right.
AIQ: Lack of money is the root of evil

OP is still asleep

Last edited by a moderator:
You taking the piss mate?

How is my perception of money wrong? Please dont be factitious on this serious thread.

and Im not talking from the lack of. Just experience.
Glad you could join me in a deep conversation Mr Brown. Your post, you sound really cool until you mention money, all that swearing and general bad manners, huh.

Really struggling at the moment and it's getting worse. Now that I seem conscious of it probably.

Tonight's been very difficult. Run out of nytol too.

My sympathies mate, I've been having nightmares on an almost nightly basis for a long time now and it isn't funny in the slightest not getting proper sleep.

Last night I was running for my life from a Godzilla-like giant lizard type thing for the first half of the night until I eventually woke up in a panic, and then after getting up for a smoke and clear my head for a bit, went back to sleep to dream about being in a warzone for the rest of the night until it was time to "wake up". Joyous mood I was in today.

I put the telly on dead quiet so you struggle to hear it, then put the subtitles on. Overworks the senses and knocks me out usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back