Not being able to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not wanting to be rude, but why not get get up at 5:30 and get on with your days. After 1-3 days it might push back your go to bed time.

I've tried that. I'm still making myself stay up till around 11pm which is my my usual bed time. Even though I'm wrecked, I'm still waking up early.

Dropped off just before midnight last night. Woke about 2.20 am for no reason. Then was wide awake at 5.10am. Yawn!

Fitbit shows I'm averaging about five hours broken sleep a night and hardly any deep sleep.

I've tried that. I'm still making myself stay up till around 11pm which is my my usual bed time. Even though I'm wrecked, I'm still waking up early.

Dropped off just before midnight last night. Woke about 2.20 am for no reason. Then was wide awake at 5.10am. Yawn!

Fitbit shows I'm averaging about five hours broken sleep a night and hardly any deep sleep.

Sounds far too familiar :(

We recently decorated our bedroom and the new light colours on the walls are murder, we've got blackout curtains but the light still floods in on a morning. Wouldn't care the room faces West aswell so it's not facing the rising sun. Does my tits in. I keep threatening to paint it dark colours again, doesnt bother her as she's a proper sleeper

I get too much sleep. 8-9 hours a night... trying to get that down to 6 - get a lot more done with 3 extra hours a day

I'm an early rider like. Been off work over a month now and the body clock wakes me up every day at 5am. Usually 0449.

The bastard.

Fresh air and exercise. I think if you tire your body out enough your mind will go as well. I cycle to work and on days I don't do it and get the tube its noticeably harder to fall asleep. Normally I'm out like a light. Unless I've got alcohol withdrawal which is a whole other universe.

Took a sominex last night about half 9 and got to sleep about 10:30/11:00. Woke about 2:30 and then about 5:30 but thankfully got back to sleep.

Since this insomnia started, I've been having really vivid dreams too. Great if I'm bucking a decent lass, but last night I lost loads of money gambling :confused::lol:

Took a sominex last night about half 9 and got to sleep about 10:30/11:00. Woke about 2:30 and then about 5:30 but thankfully got back to sleep.

Since this insomnia started, I've been having really vivid dreams too. Great if I'm bucking a decent lass, but last night I lost loads of money gambling :confused::lol:
Betting on that Aberdeen manager again?

i'd definitley echo the comments of not playing on your phone or laptop at least an hour before bed. reading is by far the best therapy (for me anyway) your eyes just start closing by themselves. fight it for about 10 minutes until your struggling to keep your eyes open, then click the light off and away you go. eating and excersicing goes without saying that it improves your sleeping, and nearly every other aspect of your physcial and mental well being. drinking stacks of water during the day helps with everything

someone told me on here years ago to try and count backwards from 2oo in your head as you lie in the pitch blackness, sure enough i never got down past 150 without totally loosing concentration and starting to do that trippy half dream half reality thing before nodding off. it works a treat (as long as you are slightly tired to start with)

trying to sleep when your not tired is torture

i'd definitley echo the comments of not playing on your phone or laptop at least an hour before bed. reading is by far the best therapy (for me anyway) your eyes just start closing by themselves. fight it for about 10 minutes until your struggling to keep your eyes open, then click the light off and away you go. eating and excersicing goes without saying that it improves your sleeping, and nearly every other aspect of your physcial and mental well being. drinking stacks of water during the day helps with everything

someone told me on here years ago to try and count backwards from 2oo in your head as you lie in the pitch blackness, sure enough i never got down past 150 without totally loosing concentration and starting to do that trippy half dream half reality thing before nodding off. it works a treat (as long as you are slightly tired to start with)

trying to sleep when your not tired is torture
As of last night the phone goes down at 8:30 and I leave it there. I'm gonna start reading as many people have echoed what you've said about drifting off mid reading.

Gym helps, plus 5 a side mid week is a god send. My diet is tip top atm plus I drink tons of water throughout the day.

Gonna try that counting down from 200 thing tonight.

Fresh air and exercise.

This (sea air is best to tire you) & if you do wake don't panic that you have woken.

i'm wide awake at 3:45am & want up at 4am to exercise , so have 15 minutes to spare . if i have a wank I go back to sleep til 5:30 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr banned from wanking on exercise day's , takes me 6 minutes to get to sleep (one of them sleep meters)

Me too! Think it's things playing on my mind when I'm asleep as I've had dreams about holiday disasters like getting there and being turned away as the hotel was overbooked. I get boxes of stuff delivered to home for work. I was dreaming the couriers kept bringing more and more boxes and I had them stacked all over the house and couldn't move!

As of last night the phone goes down at 8:30 and I leave it there. I'm gonna start reading as many people have echoed what you've said about drifting off mid reading.

Gym helps, plus 5 a side mid week is a god send. My diet is tip top atm plus I drink tons of water throughout the day.

Gonna try that counting down from 200 thing tonight.

plus you get to read, which is fantastic if you get the right book for you. i've been working my way through some 'classics' and been jumping into bed early just so i can have an hour reading before i doze off. The Catcher in the Rye is class

plus you get to read, which is fantastic if you get the right book for you. i've been working my way through some 'classics' and been jumping into bed early just so i can have an hour reading before i doze off. The Catcher in the Rye is class
Never been a big reader but want to get in to it. Will check the book out, thanks.

Me too! Think it's things playing on my mind when I'm asleep as I've had dreams about holiday disasters like getting there and being turned away as the hotel was overbooked. I get boxes of stuff delivered to home for work. I was dreaming the couriers kept bringing more and more boxes and I had them stacked all over the house and couldn't move!
Claustrophobic anxiety perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back