Not 1 hospitalisation

Im still not sure I follow. Even if they are presenting for other reasons and just happen to have Covid why then would hospitalisations go up 1080% in 3 weeks?

Is this an increase in covid cases in hospital admissions or hospital admissions in general? If its the former then Frankel's explanation covers it. If its the latter then I would've thought this would be worldwide headline news.

Overall hospital admissions?

Or hospital admissions with people who subsequently present with COvid?

Given it is a highly transmissible disease wouldn’t it be weird if there wasn’t a rise in hospitalisation of people in incidentally presenting with covid?
I'm not too sure in all honesty, just think there has to be something in a 1000% rise in hospital admissions in three weeks.

I do wonder how accurate all of this data is coming out relating to hospital admissions

So we have had Frankel, Enable chirping up with covid idocy

only need Arrogate and Kingman now ffs

:lol:

I enjoyed this forum a lot more when you weren’t on here with your doom and gloom.
Is this an increase in covid cases in hospital admissions or hospital admissions in general? If its the former then Frankel's explanation covers it. If its the latter then I would've thought this would be worldwide headline news.

Spot on.
I'm not too sure in all honesty, just think there has to be something in a 1000% rise in hospital admissions in three weeks.

I do wonder how accurate all of this data is coming out relating to hospital admissions

It’s unknown to be honest.

1000% sounds bad, but if it’s small number of cases it isn’t neccsssarily.

Last edited:
Fella on Radio 5 this morning (not sure who) was saying the indications are looking like it's milder than Delta but too early to be sure.

The key point is the final one, it’s still too early to be sure.

However, I think a lot of people are taking comfort from the fact that of those who have had it, there has been lower amounts of severe cases than previous variants.

Of course that could all change, but it’s better than hearing news of every case resulting in hospitalisation.

:lol:

I enjoyed this forum a lot more when you weren’t on here with your doom and gloom.

Spot on.

It’s unknown to be honest.

1000% sounds bad, but if it’s small number of cases it isn’t neccsssarily.
144 in week 45 to 1702 in week 48 in absolute numbers rather than percentages

Is that total hospitalisations?

Or total hospitalisations with people presenting with COVID?

Ie would the same people have been in hospital regardless?
That's total for the area where the omicron is rife.

This is what I mean about the data seeming unreliable, even if you take covid out of the picture those levels of growth in admissions just seems implausible. Especially as they're in their Summer season now as well

This is what I mean about the data seeming unreliable, even if you take covid out of the picture those levels of growth in admissions just seems implausible. Especially as they're in their Summer season now as well

Looks strange must admit. BTW I am hopeful it is mild so we can get back to normality - more for the young uns sakes TBH.

Exactly, there's so much unknown yet many people are happy to share data that seems to suit what they want to believe.

It could be that the virus is weaker, but it could also be that it has differing symptoms to the original and other VoC's.
The data about hospitals offers a suggestion that the virus may be weaker, but I haven't seen the any breakdown of how this has been collected. What's the mean number of admissions in the past? Are people presenting with similar non typical Covid symptoms? Is Covid rife within the hospitals meaning people are being admitted without it and catching it there and being included in the admissions numbers?

Time and further data will tell. (Not that that will stop people making claims and saying they were right all along when we do have more data!)

How long have we got to wait for we allowed to analyse any data coming from the variant? 7 days time to short a period but say 11 days time its ok to analyse stuff? You seem absolutely desperate to shoot down any sort of positive news

I posted something positive the other day you clown and you had an issue with it and then disappeared when a number of posters pointed it out to you.

Even what I’ve just posted isn’t negative, it’s just a reminder of why scientists are suggesting time is needed. You seem to be creating some bizarre issue in your head with something that isn’t there

Back