Nostalgic Kids TV

Godzilla
Flash Gordon (Buster Crabbe)
Jim'll Fix It (I know, I know! - But it was still canny good before the age of innocence came to an end)
Blake's 7
Terrorhawks
Jamie and his magic torch
Jackanory
Crackerjack!
Space 1999
UFO
Joe 90
The littlest Hobo
The Invaders
Danger UXB
Jayce and the wheeled warriors
Duncan Dares

I've just found 'The Box of Delights' from back in the 80's on DVD on amazon, I remember at the time it was amazing....( I was 9-10)....it'll probably be shite and aged now but I'll have a binge watch in the lead up to Xmas.

anyone else remember it? I was trying to think of other classics from around that time.
Aye, i used to f***ing love it as a nipper, that perfect blend of being quite magical and a bit disturbing at the same time.

Got the very same DVD you've mentioned a few years back and watched it over a Christmas. I can confirm your suspicions are correct, and it is indeed shite. I might see if the bairns fancy giving it a spin, but they'll probably either piss their pants at the primitive effects or be bored stiff :D

Record Breakers
Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons
The Machine Gunners
The Knights of God
Ivor The Engine
The Six Million Dollar Man
The Bionic Woman
The Man From Atlantis

I've just found 'The Box of Delights' from back in the 80's on DVD on amazon, I remember at the time it was amazing....( I was 9-10)....it'll probably be shite and aged now but I'll have a binge watch in the lead up to Xmas.

anyone else remember it? I was trying to think of other classics from around that time.
I remember that. Scary as fuck. Summat about being chased by wolves in the snow and some bearded bloke.

In a similar vein, I disappeared down an Internet wormhole this morning learning that the bloke who voiced Thomas the Tank Engine in the latest movie was T Shirt from T Bag. Blast from the past.

Aye, i used to f***ing love it as a nipper, that perfect blend of being quite magical and a bit disturbing at the same time.

Got the very same DVD you've mentioned a few years back and watched it over a Christmas. I can confirm your suspicions are correct, and it is indeed shite. I might see if the bairns fancy giving it a spin, but they'll probably either piss their pants at the primitive effects or be bored stiff :D
Watched the whole thing this afternoon....
I have no idea what the fuck was going on!

very very trippy in some parts...
Loved it at the time...ah well, theme tune was toppa!
Just remembered Worzel Gummidge!

Last edited:

Back