Nosebag?

your pension is part of your personal responsibility to ensure that you can pay your way in your old age, rather than relying on others to pick up the slack. you get a tax advantage on it, meaning that you effectively get 20% extra towards your final pot. surely as an individual you would AT LEAST be aware of how much every month you were putting away towards your final pot.

Perhaps there has been some misunderstanding.

I am not disrupting that pensions are important, not am I shirking my personal responsibilty and leaving it to others to bail me out or “pick up the slack”.

It is simply better for me to work towards paying financial commitments off, before my fixed term contract expires, than it is putting money away in a pension.

I expect things will change in future, however it is not my priority right now.

Perhaps there has been some misunderstanding.

I am not disrupting that pensions are important, not am I shirking my personal responsibilty and leaving it to others to bail me out or “pick up the slack”.

It is simply better for me to work towards paying financial commitments off, before my fixed term contract expires, than it is putting money away in a pension.

I expect things will change in future, however it is not my priority right now.
Which unfortunately is the way our generation have to live. Fair enough mate. Still, when you can, get your pension pumped up. ;)

I was tempted to tell you to stop buying avocado's and I phones but I know you ain't like that. I mean, what kind of financially irresponsible person would get a car on finance and get a citroen :lol:

Do explain :lol:

How so?

I’d be losing a proportion of my salary either way. I’m on a fixed term contract, and won’t be working here, whatever happens, when my contract expires. The pension will be worthless.
Aye but the proportion you are losing is paying of debt at a fixed rate. The longer £1 is in your pension the better. I know it isn’t easy but the sooner you get used to paying a pension and the rest the better. Every day without money in your pension is a waste.

Do explain :lol:

How so?

I’d be losing a proportion of my salary either way. I’m on a fixed term contract, and won’t be working here, whatever happens, when my contract expires. The pension will be worthless.

It’s not worthless, you can transfer it to your next companies pension provider. Some pension funds grow by 30%+ each year.

Don’t you work in the public sector?

Well all this pension chat has killed my appetite I must say.

Probsbly that sandwich repeating on you.

It’s not worthless, you can transfer it to your next companies pension provider. Some pension funds grow by 30%+ each year.

Don’t you work in the public sector?

I do, yes.

Aye but the proportion you are losing is paying of debt at a fixed rate. The longer £1 is in your pension the better. I know it isn’t easy but the sooner you get used to paying a pension and the rest the better. Every day without money in your pension is a waste.

I see what you mean but I can’t afford to be in the situation where my contract ends and I still have finance commitments so I need to direct all my cash towards those first if that makes sense

Which unfortunately is the way our generation have to live. Fair enough mate. Still, when you can, get your pension pumped up. ;)

I was tempted to tell you to stop buying avocado's and I phones but I know you ain't like that. I mean, what kind of financially irresponsible person would get a car on finance and get a citroen :lol:

It made sense at the time. I could have bought an unreliable old banger and spent thousands on upkeep.

About 25% of the money I’ve spent maintaining my car has been to fix damage caused by theft and vandalism

Speaking of which, the ***** on bikes are back kicking wing mirrors off again. Would love if someone would open the car door in their face

I do, yes.

I see what you mean but I can’t afford to be in the situation where my contract ends and I still have finance commitments so I need to direct all my cash towards those first if that makes sense

It made sense at the time. I could have bought an unreliable old banger and spent thousands on upkeep.

About 25% of the money I’ve spent maintaining my car has been to fix damage caused by theft and vandalism

Speaking of which, the ***** on bikes are back kicking wing mirrors off again. Would love if someone would open the car door in their face
Fair enough, just make sure you don’t put the cart before the horse next time.

I do, yes.

One of the best pension schemes you could be in, lost loads of cash there.

One of the best pension schemes you could be in, lost loads of cash there.

Like I said though, I have more pressing need for the income at present.

No good having loads in a pension tied up until I reach my 60s if I reach the end of my current contract, can’t find work and can’t afford to pay off my car there Pop.

Like I said though, I have more pressing need for the income at present.

No good having loads in a pension tied up until I reach my 60s if I reach the end of my current contract, can’t find work and can’t afford to pay off my car there Pop.

Fuck penisions you'll be working till you're a dribbling mess anyway

I got a free egg sandwich today. Well it is my birthday:D. I've also had porridge, chicken and vegetable soup and, most recently, a jacket potatoe with tuna and all salad. X

Forget the buffet. It’s the freebies you want at the conference.

Remember to answer yes to the following questions:

Are you the decision maker?

Do you approve or hold the budget?

Are you aiming to buy in the next 3 months?

You’ll walk away with tonnes of goodies.

Back