Norwegian

Somehow missed the rise of this airline and its low fares across the Atlantic, especially to the UK.

Could cross off “Attend March at SOL” off my bucket list.

What’s the catch? How can they run a sustainable business at such prices?

Somehow missed the rise of this airline and its low fares across the Atlantic, especially to the UK.

Could cross off “Attend March at SOL” off my bucket list.

What’s the catch? How can they run a sustainable business at such prices?

No catch. You pay extra for baggage, food a fortune, (don't buy it) no entertainment (take a book or tablet)

No catch. You pay extra for baggage, food a fortune, (don't buy it) no entertainment (take a book or tablet)
A friend flew over from Durham in NC to see me and she had entertainment.

My lads have been flying over with em for ages. They've also used Air NZ for west coast flights, as they used LA as a stop over.
Air NZ are up there with Emirates as my favourite airline. Flew with them to LA and they were excellent.

i flew gatwick jfk return for 360, and that included the 50 quid surcharge each way for hold bag (20kg) 2 meal and seat reservation. planes are really nice and quiet.

Will look at their financials when it comes out, guessing that they can’t stay in business.

Will look at their financials when it comes out, guessing that they can’t stay in business.

Edit: despite name not Norwegian company, their Long Haul sub is Dublin registered and free to use international (e.g. Thai) flight crews.

Also cutting costs w tighter schedules at risk of flight delays if something goes wrong. So sustainable if flyers accept tradeoff low fares.

Last edited:
Edit: despite name not Norwegian company, their Long Haul sub is Dublin registered and free to use international (e.g. Thai) flight crews.

Also cutting costs w tighter schedules at risk of flight delays if something goes wrong. So sustainable if flyers accept tradeoff low fares.

Was about to post that. The flight crew are paid somewhat less than the average for a transatlantic flight crew as well so that's an extra saving for them also.

Back