Norton

The criticism & condemnation of bike riders by Frijj is from someone who admits to changing gear when his car tells him. It's not about having no cars in front of you because of danger but to avoid road crud being flung up into your face & enhanced hazard perception looking ahead at the road, not just the end of the bonnet.

The criticism & condemnation of bike riders by Frijj is from someone who admits to changing gear when his car tells him. It's not about having no cars in front of you because of danger but to avoid road crud being flung up into your face & enhanced hazard perception looking ahead at the road, not just the end of the bonnet.

Who’s this angry fella? :D

Canny useful feature like, tells you the optimal time to change gear for the best fuel economy. Have to say once I got used to the car I started to ignore it completely like.

Not sure how this became about me or my car like, this thread is about how the arrogance of the SMBs bikers means they can’t accept any criticism

Who’s this angry fella? :D

Canny useful feature like, tells you the optimal time to change gear for the best fuel economy. Have to say once I got used to the car I started to ignore it completely like.

Not sure how this became about me or my car like, this thread is about how the arrogance of the SMBs bikers means they can’t accept any criticism
It's not, it's about a very inexperienced driver wanting to ban other road users as they don't fit into his ordered vision of safety whilst making crass generalisations.

If that’s what it’s all about mate I’d rather bikers just said they‘re happy to grossly exceed the speed limit in the name of fun.

By that admission though, can we get rid of the idea that bikers are these vulnerable road users that need protection?

Speeding and weaving through traffic is tour own choice so you should accept the dangers that come with it

It depends on where you speed. I tended to do it on open roads, not outside schools.

It's not, it's about a very inexperienced driver wanting to ban other road users as they don't fit into his ordered vision of safety whilst making crass generalisations.

I don’t make the rules of the road. Not my fault your mid-life crisis means you have to speed past everyone to make yourself feel better mate.
It depends on where you speed. I tended to do it on open roads, not outside schools.

Well that’s the least unsafe place I suppose.

No sympathy for any road user who crashes whilst driving dangerously mind. Bikers and cars alike.

I don’t make the rules of the road. Not my fault your mid-life crisis means you have to speed past everyone to make yourself feel better mate.

No sympathy for any road user who crashes whilst driving dangerously mind. Bikers and cars alike.

Flies on your teeth, wind up your arse - you should get a bike man, nowt better.

Been riding since I was 14 mate, love bikes. Mid life crises tend to be experienced by men who have been less adventurous in their teens/early twenties & suddenly realise this. Good luck...

Flies on your teeth, wind up your arse - you should get a bike man, nowt better.

Never. Hate the bloody things!
Been riding since I was 14 mate, love bikes. Mid life crises tend to be experienced by men who have been less adventurous in their teens/early twenties & suddenly realise this. Good luck...

I was very adventurous. I had a PlayStation AND an Xbox

Last edited:
If that’s what it’s all about mate I’d rather bikers just said they‘re happy to grossly exceed the speed limit in the name of fun.

By that admission though, can we get rid of the idea that bikers are these vulnerable road users that need protection?

Speeding and weaving through traffic is tour own choice so you should accept the dangers that come with it
Bikers are telling you politely you haven't a clue
The best you can do is say ban bikes because cars hit them and we can't ban cars
Have you any points for speeding ?If it's non you've matched me on a bike in 33 years with a full licence .And no I'm not some one off ,I know how to enjoy myself on a bike
And ?!?

Bikers are telling you politely you haven't a clue
The best you can do is say ban bikes because cars hit them and we can't ban cars
Have you any points for speeding ?If it's non you've matched me on a bike in 33 years with a full licence .And no I'm not some one off ,I know how to enjoy myself on a bike

And ?!?
And, car driver injuring biker.....

Back