Northumberland SAFC supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heard a rumour that there was a few in Ashington and that's it.. Anyone heard of anymore?

There's plenty up that way including Cramlington and Morpeth etc.
Ashington just has a higher percentage than you'd expect. If you base it on the further away you get the less supporters then it spikes up at Ashington area. It's mainly to do with people who got transfers from the pits decades ago.

Shedloads of Sunderland supporters in Northumberland. Has been that way for many decades.

One reason cited for this is that back in the day (way back mind!), it was easier for fishermen and their mates to make their way to Sunderland by boat than it was to get to Newcastle to see a game.

And once a seed is planted!

Heard a rumour that there was a few in Ashington and that's it.. Anyone heard of anymore?
There's plenty of us mate, morpeth,ashington,bedlington,amble,blyth

I know of 2 buses that travel to every home game and most aways. My branch has around 300 members(and then there's more sunderland fans not part of it my dad for starters)

There's plenty up that way including Cramlington and Morpeth etc.
Ashington just has a higher percentage than you'd expect. If you base it on the further away you get the less supporters then it spikes up at Ashington area. It's mainly to do with people who got transfers from the pits decades ago.

God's country

I imagine there's a fair few, off back in the days of the pits.

One thing you can say about them, they are unlike their Wearside based Mag counterparts in that they aren't glory influenced turncoats.

Ashingtons finest right here!!

99% of the lads I know will be at wembley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back