North East Weekly Cases Per 100k

so why is county durham involved in these local restrictions but boro isn't?

'Last time 'round, County Durham lagged behind places such as Sunderland and Newcastle for a while, but didn't take too long to shoot ahead. 'To be expected really as we're a bit off the beaten track and so it will take a little bit longer to get in and take hold.

'Nice bit of foresight from the council. It's just too much of gamble to take by letting it run. So, pubs shut at 10, table service only, no big deal unless you can't do without a beer in the time it takes to get served at your table. 'Doesn't go far enough for me.

I can understand the issue with not seeing families, but on balance I think the council are right to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand, and the experience tells us that it will get out of hand and is starting to do just that.

Last edited:
if london are reported more cases than the north east... is it purely based on cases per 100000 that makes it a bad thing?... I think London will flare up again...
Didn't think about that, should maybe use some sort of algorithm based on populaton density and area.

Back