North East Soft Plays

Don’t think we’ve done this before, so Ha’way, for those of us with little brats to entertain, where’s decent.

At Millie’s Magical Garden now, tenner for 2 kids. Decent value.

Single parenting next week so we’re going to do the Funshack in Benton, £27.50 :eek: Cheeky bastards are charging me £2 to get in. It’ll be the same prices for Seaham, Gateshead & Stockton.

Aquatic Centre & Silksworth are canny for minimal admission fee.

Fun Jungle in Sulgrave is canny, but a bit on the expensive side & they're arseholes about taking your own food & drink in. To the point there’s signs saying you cannot take water in for your child. Fair enough if you’re taking a picnic.

Go Bananas down Seaburn. Shithole, don’t bother.

The Fun Zone at Langley Moor has the best food in a soft play I’ve found. pizzas, parmos and things like that you wouldn’t be disappointed to be served in a proper pub or restaurant rather than the a soft play.

Cheap as well, £1 for adults £2.50 for kids
That's the one that's part of a church or something on the front street?

Mine are past play places now. Spent many many hours at them. Was canny sat in relative peace zoned out while they tired themselves out. Parties at such places having to make small talk, not so much

That's the one that's part of a church or something on the front street?

Mine are past play places now. Spent many many hours at them. Was canny sat in relative peace zoned out while they tired themselves out. Parties at such places having to make small talk, not so much
No it’s on one of the industrial estates off the main road, littleburn road is just next to it

Holmside Park between Stanley and Chester-Le-Street is pretty good.

There'd a bouncy castle type assault course if the kids are old enough, and plenty of soft play if they aren't. Spent a good 4-5 hours there with my little un a few weeks ago.

Don’t think we’ve done this before, so Ha’way, for those of us with little brats to entertain, where’s decent.

Single parenting next week so we’re going to do the Funshack in Benton, £27.50 :eek: Cheeky bastards are charging me £2 to get in. It’ll be the same prices for Seaham, Gateshead & Stockton.

Fun Jungle in Sulgrave is canny, but a bit on the expensive side & they're arseholes about taking your own food & drink in. To the point there’s signs saying you cannot take water in for your child. Fair enough if you’re taking a picnic.

What are the ages? If 3, Seaham Funshack would be a no for me. They likely will find the under fours area a bit babyish, and not much there for £9 ish.
If 4 or five years old, the play area is great but they could be overwhelmed by much bigger children.

That one at Benton when it first opened about 16 years ago was class. Decent food. Had sky sports for adults etc.

Then it turned it to group of 6 adults and one kid was rocking up to get lunch and watch match etc. so they started charging for adults etc.

Went into administrator pre covid as it was so expensive. So must have rose from ashes again.

There'd a bouncy castle type assault course if the kids are old enough, and plenty of soft play if they aren't. Spent a good 4-5 hours there with my little un a few weeks ago.
Aye that and Adventure Valley are good. Always seems a bit odd driving just past Frankland to get to Adventure Valley though

Was in the one next to arnison centre with the bairn £5 for just soft play but there’s trampolines and tag course stuff that’s extra

Just brought that up, £15 each for the bairns & £9 for me :lol:

Well do it when our lass is about & can do a full day there. Just looking at killing a bit time on Saturday morning. Thinking soft play, something quick to eat in the Grange & back in the house for 3 for the match.
What are the ages? If 3, Seaham Funshack would be a no for me. They likely will find the under fours area a bit babyish, and not much there for £9 ish.
If 4 or five years old, the play area is great but they could be overwhelmed by much bigger children.
7 & 4. But the 4 year old can do the lot cos he just followed his sister about when he was dead young.
Mister Twisters was always our go-to soft play.

I’d never dream of getting food in one of them. The same as I wouldn’t get food in the cinema or at the match.
Don’t think they’ve been there. Might try it.

Took mine there once for a parents and toddlers morning. I was the only bloke in and decided I was getting funny looks off the mothers. Got to play on the stuff though

At the castle is canny in Blaydon.
Or this
Took mine there once for a parents and toddlers morning. I was the only bloke in and decided I was getting funny looks off the mothers. Got to play on the stuff though
That’s the great thing about having my first. Early 30s & I was allowed back in the soft play with a legitimate excuse :lol:

Lost its appeal by the time my second came along.

Last edited:
Just brought that up, £15 each for the bairns & £9 for me :lol:

Well do it when our lass is about & can do a full day there. Just looking at killing a bit time on Saturday morning. Thinking soft play, something quick to eat in the Grange & back in the house for 3 for the match.

7 & 4. But the 4 year old can do the lot cos he just followed his sister about when he was dead young.

Don’t think they’ve been there. Might try it.
Yeah, it's not the cheapest.

If you're up that way there's a place called Believe and Be in Consett which is one of those activity places with loads of dress up and stuff. Bit far to come from Wearside like.

That sounds ideal.

I went with two three year olds and a five year old. The three year olds had outgrown the under fours area "...that's babyish", and the five year old wanted to be with her sisters but wasn't allowed as too old. So it didn't work with that age combination. Will go back when the younger two are four as the older play area looked good

[Seaham Funshack]

Back