North Dock

It came out under the black pipe.
It went over the field to Roker baths rd, over the conkie near the Derby to the pidgie, out into fulwell rd where Redby is now and up along side Laburnum rd.
I’ve got a pic somewhere with the arch way when the cabins were near the black pipe. Father Cornish had a cabin and fished out of the north Dock.

Zoom in
Logon or register to see this image
Zoom in top right corner
It really was quite an impressive project to transform this to the marina and housing that is there today.

I can remember the wood yard now after seeing that video , if I hadn’t watched it I’d have been buggered to remember what was there.

Thanks for posting it.

I remember the wood yard and the steam cranes very well. In the 1960's me and me mate would fish for eels in the dock it wasn't that easy to get on to Roker Pier those days as it was in a dreadful state and often closed,

That's really interesting...thanks all.

I'll do all your replies proper justice when I pretend I've left work and gone home ( this entire process now takes the form of putting the work laptop out of sight...)

What did the queen vic used to be
I was racking my brains last night and just can't remember

Wasn't it a social club?
It came out under the black pipe.
It went over the field to Roker baths rd, over the conkie near the Derby to the pidgie, out into fulwell rd where Redby is now and up along side Laburnum rd.
I’ve got a pic somewhere with the arch way when the cabins were near the black pipe. Father Cornish had a cabin and fished out of the north Dock.

Zoom in
Logon or register to see this image
Zoom in top right corner

Brilliant photo - do you know when it was taken?

Last edited:
It was a drilling rig

The raily
I think he would appreciate it
Council did a great job
Would you prefer Armstrong Addison creosote works
It was the Tyne and Wear Development Corporation.

Did you know the north East’s first Regionally Important Geological Site is in the north dock, behind the Marine Activities Centre?

Last edited:

Back