North Coast 500

Must be a fair few on here done the North Coast 500.

We're going to do it in September.

Any recommendations for accommodation and places to stop off?

We plan to take a week doing it

Thanks in advance

Thanks but was looking for recommendations that may be out of the ordinary or off the beaten track.
I done it last year and loved every minute.

Are you driving and looking for accommodation or doing it with a motorhome/Caravan?

I got everything i needed off bellendbook to be honest, just joined loads of groups, like Scottish Motorhomes and NC500

I done it last year and loved every minute.

Are you driving and looking for accommodation or doing it with a motorhome/Caravan?

I got everything i needed off bellendbook to be honest, just joined loads of groups, like Scottish Motorhomes and NC500
I'm driving (Mrs...nee chance...doesn't drive)

Any particular bellendbook pages in particular?

Thanks

Must be a fair few on here done the North Coast 500.

We're going to do it in September.

Any recommendations for accommodation and places to stop off?

We plan to take a week doing it

Thanks in advance
I lived in Caithness for 4 years.

Can’t really help you with much other than which pubs/bars are best on what night.

Don't bother with John O'Groats and the boring east coast. When heading across the top of Scotland turn south just after Melvich and head down the A897 then at Kinbrace turn west onto the B871 all the way to Syre when you need to turn South onto the B873. Just after Loch Naver turn south again this time onto the A836. Follow this road all the way to the A9, don't need to stay on the boring A9 for long as you can turn off onto the B9175 and head towards Nigg, go through that and follow the road until the end and you can take a small car ferry across to Cromarty.

This is a far far better way to head back south instead of on what the NC500 route suggests. I got this info from numerous people who've driven a lot around the Highlands some of whom live there and moved there because of the scenery and driving you get up there. It's an absolute stunning part of the world and you'll have an absolute blast

Last edited:
Don't bother with John O'Groats and the boring east coast. When heading across the top of Scotland turn south just after Melvich and head down the A897 then at Kinbrace turn west onto the B871 all the way to Syre when you need to turn South onto the B873. Just after Loch Naver turn south again this time onto the A836. Follow this road all the way to the A9, don't need to stay on the boring A9 for long as you can turn off onto the B9175 and head towards Nigg, go through that and follow the road until the end and you can take a small car ferry across to Cromarty.

This is a far far better way to head back south instead of on what the NC500 route suggests. I got this info from numerous people who've driven a lot around the Highlands some of whom live there and moved there because of the scenery and driving you get up there. It's an absolute stunning part of the world and you'll have an absolute blast
Fantastic insight.

This id what the SMB does best!

Cheers

Watch the latest episode of the grand tour
I saw that they'd done it but don't have Prime

Back