Norovirus

Bad craic this. My bairn spent his first two hours in nursery in preparation for his first full day next week (just two hours!), caught norovirus, passed it to me and I've been Catherine wheeling all over the place and am now stuck in the bog.

Bloody nasty. Wasn't prepared for just how much it hurts (especially the joints). Websites say it doesn't last long but the bairns still not eating solids after four days.

Anyone able to offer sympathy, sarcasm or advice....?

Bad craic this. My bairn spent his first two hours in nursery in preparation for his first full day next week (just two hours!), caught norovirus, passed it to me and I've been Catherine wheeling all over the place and am now stuck in the bog.

Bloody nasty. Wasn't prepared for just how much it hurts (especially the joints). Websites say it doesn't last long but the bairns still not eating solids after four days.

Anyone able to offer sympathy, sarcasm or advice....?

I ended up in hospital on a drip getting rehydrated mate, it was the absolute pits. Didn’t eat solids for 10 days.

Sincerest apologies from me, wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

Get used to it mate.

I've never been ill so regularly since my bairn started school.

It is f***ing shit like. My little girl was off with the flu and colds more than she was in the first two months, ended up in hospital and cost me a fortune in missed pay and it became so so ridiculous the nursery didn't bother charging us for a month. This is next level though. He passed it to my daughter and me and then my wife, all in two days (less than 12 hours from exposure) and then I spent the night sharing a bin to vomit in with the missus.

had campylobacter last year.
no solids for a week and just shit blood constantly. got so bad, ambulance job and hospitalised for 8 days, on drip then intraveus drugs... had to inform public health the lot.
i narrowed it down to said takeaway mind. havnt been back..

no solids for a week and just shit blood constantly. got so bad, ambulance job and hospitalised for 8 days, on drip then intraveus drugs... had to inform public health the lot.
I had it two years ago, wasn't hospitalised thankfully, but the rest sounds familiar! Had some pretty crazy fever dreams as well (though usually I couldn't sleep long enough to get into a dream state due to having to get up to go to the toilet every 40 minutes or so). Horrendous, probably the worst I've felt for a prolonged period of time.

Which takeaway? Just so I know to avoid it.

It is f***ing shit like. My little girl was off with the flu and colds more than she was in the first two months, ended up in hospital and cost me a fortune in missed pay and it became so so ridiculous the nursery didn't bother charging us for a month. This is next level though. He passed it to my daughter and me and then my wife, all in two days (less than 12 hours from exposure) and then I spent the night sharing a bin to vomit in with the missus.

Aye, been there mate. f***ing awful.

Wait until the head lice start going round....and round....and round ad nausea

Back